Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Anyone have any recent experiences at this hotel? We are booked for a night on our way home from Colombia in mid January. Will report back after the stay.
I have four nights in Feb Booked on Points, the cash rate was around $450.00 so 25K per night seems good deal. I'll report back after the trip.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Just got back from a one night stay, and WOW.

What a great hotel. The rooms were amazing. One of the best hotel showers I have ever had. The bed was coumfy, and the couch was awesome (pulled out into a daybed for coumfy football watching). Two tv's and a great bar are awesome. Made some great drinks with the glasses and bar tools that they provided. There was 2 fridges (a mini bar and an empty fridge(, a microwave, kitchen sink, cappucino machine and lots of other great stuff. The bathroom was huge.

Overall, one of my best hotel stays ever.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:52 am

We have a stay coming up in March with four people in a South Beach Suite. Are the rooms ok for three nights with four people?

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:24 pm

Was the Roof Top a Sweet Dilemma choice?

I have gone through every day and do not see it as a choice.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:25 pm

Just got back from a one night stay, and WOW.

What a great hotel. The rooms were amazing. One of the best hotel showers I have ever had. The bed was coumfy, and the couch was awesome (pulled out into a daybed for coumfy football watching). Two tv's and a great bar are awesome. Made some great drinks with the glasses and bar tools that they provided. There was 2 fridges (a mini bar and an empty fridge(, a microwave, kitchen sink, cappucino machine and lots of other great stuff. The bathroom was huge.

Overall, one of my best hotel stays ever.
Any tips on getting upgraded to the rooftop suite? I will be using Sweet Dilemma and rewards points.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkTL
We stayed there last year for three nights (originally meant to be one) and the hotel kindly upgraded us to a rooftop suite - which is awesome. It was so good we came back again later in the vacation. If you want a hotel on South Beach and close to everything then this is really a very cool place to stay.

Hope this helps.
Any tips on getting upgraded to the roof top? You think slipping the front desk guy a Benjamin would do it?
Old Jan 20, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
We have a stay coming up in March with four people in a South Beach Suite. Are the rooms ok for three nights with four people?

Thanks.
Probably not. there is only one king bed, and the couch is not a pullout really.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:53 pm

Probably not. there is only one king bed, and the couch is not a pullout really.
If the couch is not a pullout, how can they offer a max. occupancy of 4 per room?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:08 pm

Staying at this hotel in a few weeks on points. I am a platinum/ambassador. Does anyone know if they offer free breakfast to their plat guests? Parking cost? Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
PS: now it is USD 19 per room per day
Now up to $21 per day.

Any recent award stays?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, IHG Platinum
-----

Last edited by Plizatnum; Mar 7, 2011 at 10:24 pm Reason: Acct deleted
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Plizatnum
Obviously, not a place for a your typical nuclear family... If you do decide to squeeze your family in anyway, be prepared to have your $90 steak & shrimp dinner interrupted by your 4-year old asking you why "that lady by the pool" isn't wearing a shirt...
the 4- year child won't care, but his jealous mum and flammable father might care
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: Priority Club
Originally Posted by nicolas75
the 4- year child won't care, but his jealous mum and flammable father might care
If American families are like that about topless sun-bathing then I'd warn them never to go within 1 mile of a European beach! However, for the father of the family . . . I'd just make sure I had a good pair of mirrored shades and ensure the book I was holding wasn't upside down!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 9:32 am

Where did I say I want to take my family there???

I'm with three friends during Miami Winter Music Week. None of us would mind if the ladies decided to do some European sunbathing...

However, I'd still be curious how they accommodate four people if the couch is not a sleeper...

Thanks,
Tim
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For those who know both, which would be better for a couple? The Z or the W? My guess is the W is a better hotel, but the Z has the better location. Anyone tried both?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.