Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris-HI charles de gaulle airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 10:23 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by huwjames
One other thing to watch out for - if you ask the front desk to call you a cab to get to the airport then they call them from the airport rank - BUT they start their meter running when they leave the airport to come to the hotel so you are, in effect, paying double!
This is standard procedure. You have to pay for "l'approche".
Old Feb 10, 2011, 6:49 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Can anyone expand on this? Are there cafes and restaurants in the area if one arrives around dinner time and has a relatively early departure the next day? Trying to decide if it is worth taking the RER into Paris. Thanks!
I recall there being at least 4 or 5 restaurants within walking distance - 1/2 km or so - along one of the main roads in Roissy. Different cuisines - Asian, French, Italian. I was there on a Sunday evening and none were open. There was a market open so I picked up some cheese and a couple of beers for dinner. There's several other hotels on this block and many have restaurants, but they all looked overpriced and uninteresting to me.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up Stay Report

Had the pleasure of staying here during a trip a few days ago, the hotel has clearly been renovated recently and is very nice.

+ We were upgraded to a spotless, shining exec. room
+ Internet is free
- You'll have to pay €1,10 city tax pp even on award stays

SHUTTLE: a big black bus called the Black Bus* serves Hi and 15 other hotels other hotels (Best Western, Marriott, Park Inn, Ibis, Novotel etc.)
It stops at T3 and T2 (TGV station, upstairs).
We arrived at midnight and had to wait about 15 minutes, in the morning our wait was about 30secs.
Beginning at 5am the shuttle leaves every 15mins, according to the receptionist (every 20 mins according to the driver)
The ride to the airport takes about 15mins (not including stopping at other hotels)
The shuttle is free

*I'm not sure but I got the impression that that this is a fairly new service, and that there used to be several vans serving only a handful of hotels each.
eg. here they talk about a white shuttle which serves 6 hotels incl HI and HIX http://www.francetravelplanner.com/g...les/white.html
bear that in mind when reading old reviews

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Feb 28, 2011 at 1:58 am
Old Feb 26, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
That´s the law
but it does not make the rate that high
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, IHG Platinum
-----

Last edited by Plizatnum; Mar 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm Reason: Acct deleted
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
That´s the law
but it does not make the rate that high
that might be, but other Paris hotels I've stayed at have not passed it on on reward nights
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Plizatnum
This hotel is on the current PB list for PCR - set to expire Feb 28th. I hope the hotel re-emerges on the list in the fall.....

It is NOT, but HI Orly-Airport is...
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, IHG Platinum
-----

Last edited by Plizatnum; Mar 7, 2011 at 10:22 pm Reason: Acct deleted
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had the pleasure of staying here during a trip a few days ago, the hotel has clearly been renovated recently and is very nice.

+ We were upgraded to a spotless, shining exec. room
+ Internet is free

SHUTTLE: a big black bus called the Black Bus* serves Hi and 15 other hotels other hotels (Best Western, Marriott, Park Inn, Ibis, Novotel etc.)
We arrived at midnight and had to wait about 15 minutes, in the morning our wait was about 30secs.
Beginning at 5am the shuttle leaves every 15mins, according to the receptionist (every 20 mins according to the driver)
The ride to the airport takes about 15mins

*I'm not sure but I got the impression that that this is a fairly new service, and that there used to be several vans serving only a handful of hotels each.
eg. here they talk about a white shuttle which serves 6 hotels incl HI and HIX http://www.francetravelplanner.com/g...les/white.html
Thanks for the report!

Apparently the shuttle has improved a lot from what the Tripadvisors reviewers reported experiences. Though a review on Expedia dated Feb 14 said the shuttle took 45 minutes to the airport. I assume time of the day also makes a big difference.

Is the shuttle at 5 Euro or is it free?

This got me thinking to switch our last night in Paris from HI Notre Dame to the HI CDG.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 6:47 pm

The ride to the airport takes about 15mins

I'm booked here next month and am planning on taking the first 5am shuttle for a 6:30am flight. The 15 minute ride to the airport - did that include stopping at these other hotels? I'm worried that I'm cutting it very close.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:53 am
Original Poster

The Shuttle is free, to clarify with 15 mins I meant the driving time only not stopping at other hotels, I'd not be surprised if it takes 45mins if there's a lot of people, it does indeed serve 16 hotels.

Going to the airport: after the HI it stopped 3-4 times to pick up people and in addition it stopped twice at the airport.

Going from the airport, it was only us in the shuttle we picked it up at T3 and
it went directly to HI after briefly stopping at T2.

Just because it worked smoothly for us there's no guarantee it always will

Originally Posted by ccqueenanne
I'm booked here next month and am planning on taking the first 5am shuttle for a 6:30am flight. I'm worried that I'm cutting it very close.
yes you are, first shuttle at 5am doesn't mean that it will be outside the HI at exactly that time...
You could take a taxi instead.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Feb 28, 2011 at 1:16 am
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Shuttle is free, to clarify with 15 mins I meant the driving time only not stopping at other hotels, I'd not be surprised if it takes 45mins if there's a lot of people, it does indeed serve 16 hotels.

Going to the airport: after the HI it stopped 3-4 times to pick up people and in addition it stopped twice at the airport.

Going from the airport, it was only us in the shuttle we picked it up at T3 and
it went directly to HI after briefly stopping at T2.

Just because it worked smoothly for us there's no guarantee it always will
Do you mean the pick up at T2 is at the TGV station area? Or there are dedicated pick up areas in both T2 and T3?

Since we would be moving from HI Notre Dame to HI CDG, we would take the Line B from St. Michael station directly to airport and go to the T2 pick up area, right?

What was the time you left for airport? Our flight to MIA is 10:00am and we need to be there by 8:00am. I suppose we need to get on the shuttle no later than 7:00am, or better yet at 6:30 to 6:45am to play it safe.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
yes you are, first shuttle at 5am doesn't mean that it will be outside the HI at exactly that time...
You could take a taxi instead.
worth mentioning you can also catch the bus that stops at the best western across the road ( literally 10 paces ), there is never a problem with the 5am bus, I have caught it loads of times.

I also eat in the Millenium it has an Irish Bar serving Pub Grub and showing all the UK football. You can easily sneak in the pool too if you like

On the free breakfast I printed off the HI website statement and they honoured it no problem. It is clearly just an oversight from the days it was a Hiex, but just show them the page.

The restaurant is pretty good provided you dont like your meat well done ( they dont know the meaning of the word )
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drspear
worth mentioning you can also catch the bus that stops at the best western across the road ( literally 10 paces ), there is never a problem with the 5am bus, I have caught it loads of times.
Does that mean catching the bus at Best Western across the road may be quicker? meaning you actually catch an EARLIER shuttle (after it already made calls on other hotels after picking up at HI)?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by Happy
Does that mean catching the bus at Best Western across the road may be quicker? meaning you actually catch an EARLIER shuttle (after it already made calls on other hotels after picking up at HI)?
yes I would say so, it goes straight to train station then CDGVAL think it was about 20 mins hotel to terminal, then you are right in the middle and head to your terminal such as 2E or 2F

I was oustside at 4.55am and the best western one came first, they dont care if you are staying at that hotel as most have alread y alluded to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.