2460 Eisenhower Avenue,
Alexandria, Virgina VA 22314, USA

Tel +1 703 960-2000

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/alexandria/axetd/hoteldetail

Public transportation
closest subway station: Eisenhower Avenue, served by the M Yellow Line
Print Wikipost

Holiday Inn Alexandria Carlyle (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, PC Plat, SPG Gold,
Holiday Inn Alexandria Carlyle (Master Thread)

It has been a convenient location but this was not a positive experience and felt kind of unwelcome.

Last edited by yanksgal; Apr 10, 2010 at 6:50 pm Reason: wrong info
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: AA, DL, VX
Seems like the manager is being pretty stingy with the points. I had a similar experience with a security guard banging on my door at an HI Express in Maryland near DC. I complained immediately, and the night auditor apologized. In the morning I talked to the manager, who was already aware of the situation and gave me 10,000 HI program points....
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Platmond, AA credit card stooge, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH,
Which Holiday Inn property would this be exactly?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keihin_242
Which Holiday Inn property would this be exactly?
My guess is that it is the one on Eisenhower Ave and not the Old Town property or the HIX.

As for the complaint, if the OP is dissatisfied with the hotel's response, a complaint should be filed with Guest Relations. I am a strong believer in guest relations reports as that way IHG can track patterns and identify problems that go beyond a single incident.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:16 pm
Suspended

As this hotel is currently on PBs thru 3/31/12, I would appreciate it if anyone has stayed here recently and can give a report as the portion of this thread supposedly dealing with this property and the associated complaint are missing!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Platmond, AA credit card stooge, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH,
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
As this hotel is currently on PBs thru 3/31/12, I would appreciate it if anyone has stayed here recently and can give a report as the portion of this thread supposedly dealing with this property and the associated complaint are missing!
I haven't stayed there in four years, but I recommend avoiding the rooms on the 10th floor - they have leaky roofs. This is an ancient hotel that has been refreshed many times. It's still good but shows its age in some places. The location near Eisenhower Avenue Metro is extremely convenient, plus many restaurants have opened nearby in recent years giving options if you don't want to eat at the hotel restaurant. This hotel attracts swarms of tour groups and I would always inquire at check-in as to the presence of any groups so you can ask for rooms far away from them.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Thanks, Kehlin!

As it turned out, I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Alexandria on a very low rate and was upgraded to a Potomac/Capitol vue room as a Platinum member. What's more, I was provided 2 free full breakfast certs for my wife and myself for both days that we stayed. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.