Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong Beach Reviews & Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong Beach Reviews & Master Thread

Looked around but couldn't find a master thread for this fantastic 400 rooms/suites/villas property, consulted with our distinguished moderator, and here we go:

Haven't been to Phuket since our honeymoon in November 2007, when we stayed at the Burasari Resort across the street from this property. So this is kind nice to see how things have changed in Phuket - and things have changed dramatically since! Now, we come back as a family of 4, plus mother in law, and sister in law with her husband and kids. Total: 5 adults and 4 kids. Booked 3 rooms on points for 3 nights during the Thai New Year celebrations (Songkran) for a total 270K IHG points. Two superior King rooms and one double. One room was upgraded before our arrival to a corner suite as observed on my IHG account. BAR rate at the time was around $175++ due to the holidays.

Flew from Bangkok and rented a car from AVIS at HKT arriving at the property around 2 PM. We were fortunate to be greeted by Mr. Peter (guest services manager) at the dedicated IHG Platinum checkin desk and as a Platinum Ambassador our main room was upgraded two categories up to Kids' Suite at the 3rd floor of the Main Wing facing the Burasari. This suite consists of actually two connecting rooms with two full baths. Traveling with wife 2 kids this came in very handy. The kids loved their rooms which had 2 boat like beds, entertainment center with DVDs and game console, box full of toys, etc. The rooms were well appointed, clean, and provided all the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. The room also had a balcony with outside chairs.

At check-in, we were also given vouchers for 2 alcoholic and 2 non-alcoholic beverages. Comped buffet breakfast at their main restaurant Seabreeze by the pool for our family only. 4 bottles of drinking water per day. 15% off any and all F&B spending. Also, when we arrived at the room there was a welcome gift of plate of fresh fruits, a very nice touch. The 2 other rooms got the same except for the breakfast which my in-laws did not mind because they rather eat traditional Thai food.

We partook breakfast daily at their open air main restaurant Seabreeze by the pool which had multiple station and plenty of delicious varieties of foods. The breakfast buffet spread is very extensive with hot Western, Thai, Indian, and Chinese food. From cheeses, fruits, cereals, pastries, and salads to Daal, Congee, and Dim Sim all were there for us to enjoy. Several hot station were serving patrons with fried eggs any style, omelets, and various types of noodles. In fact I was able to order anything I was in the mood for and it was made for me on the spot. I have ordered egg benedict which was served promptly and tasted delicious and held us up until early supper. We also did lunch on the first day at the Italian Restaurant Terrazzo which is located right on the beach road with seaview. The food and service there need improvement. Further, we dined at their Charm Thai Restaurant which had scrumptious Thai food and surprisingly was very affordable. Prompt and attentive service at the Thai restaurant also. On the final day's breakfast, the F&B manager (Khun Johnny) was making the rounds and asking guests about their breakfast. He came by our table and we had a short chat about the property restaurants and his trip to Napa wine region. Very nice gesture from a manager who cares about the quality of his hotel food services.

Great service provided by this resort's friendly staff, especially Mr. Peter. The kids club was loads of fun for our kids which also surrounded by two kids' swimming pools. The staff at the kids club provided very educational and entertaining programs for the kids that at times it was very difficult to get the kids to leave the club. This property also has at least 3 adult pools and other adult only areas and amenities. Check out was prompt also and the resort GM stopped by and said hello!

Beautiful grounds and open lobbies with plenty of greenery, pools of water, and even singing birds. Excellent location to boot as it is nestled between two main roads in the south part of Patong right across the street from the beach and easy access to Phuket's Big Buddha, Kata, Karon, and other Southern beaches.

This was an awesome stay and we highly recommend this property for families and couples (the adults only Busakorn Wing)!

For more, see our photo impressions of this resort property here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...57651581022488

Last edited by Kalboz; May 4, 2015 at 12:32 pm
Old May 4, 2015, 2:00 pm
Suspended

HI Resorts Thailand/Phuket/Phi Phi/Krabi

HI Phuket & HI Phi Phi Island (Thailand)

holiday inn phuket

HI Phuket travel tips

HI Phuket trip report
Old May 4, 2015, 11:32 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Thank your for bringing this threads to our attention.

But this are all not a master thread of this property and also deal with other properties. In so far setting up a master thread was done with our permission.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

FLYGVA
Old May 5, 2015, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Thank your for bringing this threads to our attention.

But this are all not a master thread of this property and also deal with other properties. In so far setting up a master thread was done with our permission.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

FLYGVA
Thank you FLYGVA!

This property is also one of the best Holiday Inns in the world (if not outright the best), and thus it deserves its own thread.

Thanks again!
Old May 14, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Thank you FLYGVA!

This property is also one of the best Holiday Inns in the world (if not outright the best), and thus it deserves its own thread.

Thanks again!
second that. Its a new HIX concept and Patong the prototype.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Thank you FLYGVA!

Thanks again!
I took my family to the Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong Beach for Christmas and New Years in 2012/2013. I have to agree with your statement about this being one of the best resorts. I have stayed at several IHG properties all over the world including several Intercontinental hotel and resort properties and in my opinion this is the best Intercontinental property.

We stayed in the Busakorn Villas (one room for my wife and myself and another for my two adult sons) and it was simply a wonderful stay.

http://www.holiday.phuket.com/busakorn-villastudio.htm

We had the best of both worlds, at the resort everything was quiet and peaceful, but we could walk out the door and be immediately in the bustle of Patong.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
As a Plat AMB we didnt receive any upgrades, but were instead only offered upsell to a better room. This was in May 2015 which is clearly out of season.

After just leaving Chiang Mai where we found the best staff of our whole trip, those in Phuket were less attentive and seemed more interested in their own discussions.

It was a great hotel, but very little Plat recongnition.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:57 am
Original Poster

It is of interest to mention that I was refunded 20% of the points used for this stay (54K IHG points refunded). 10% for being ICH Ambassador status plus 10% for having the Chase affiliated IHG credit card.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Mattyb44
As a Plat AMB we didnt receive any upgrades, but were instead only offered upsell to a better room. This was in May 2015 which is clearly out of season.

After just leaving Chiang Mai where we found the best staff of our whole trip, those in Phuket were less attentive and seemed more interested in their own discussions.

It was a great hotel, but very little Plat recongnition.
Cleary a question of YMMV. I was there at the end of April and was upgraded to a small suite in the Busakorn wing and could not have asked for more with respect to Plat recognition. It is a great hotel with lovely staff.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Any recent TR's on Spire recognition at this location? Looking at a possible trip in July. Thanks in advance!
Old May 19, 2016, 7:52 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Any recent TR's on Spire recognition at this location? Looking at a possible trip in July. Thanks in advance!
Haven't actually stayed yet, but as a Spire Amb I booked a summer stay in the Busakorn Villa room category and noticed that within a few days of booking, the reservation was upgraded to Busakorn Villa Pool Access.
Old May 14, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
Just bumping this old thread up - we have just booked a family holiday for a week in early September on points (30k a night).

Obviously the reservation is for the basic room (2 double beds superior), but we REALLY want the kids' suite as pictured in the first post of this thread.

Should I wait and see if we get upgraded (I'm a platinum ambassador), or would it be safer to email them and offer to pay?

I know paying would be the most sensible option, but obviously a free upgrade would be better!
Old May 14, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by SinkOrSwim
Should I wait and see if we get upgraded (I'm a platinum ambassador), or would it be safer to email them and offer to pay?
As a Spire, I received an upgrade to a better view but it was still a basic room. I wouldn't expect to be upgraded to a suite as a Plat.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred Plus
Great hotel and well situated. Booked a king superior room and was upgraded to a king studio with pool view in the Busakorn wing. Spire here.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by jeffypop75
Great hotel and well situated. Booked a king superior room and was upgraded to a king studio with pool view in the Busakorn wing. Spire here.
Did you get one of the rooms around the private pool (pool suite)? IMO those are the best rooms on the property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.