Address
Candlewood Suites Dallas - By the Galleria
13939 Noel Road,
Dallas, Texas TX 75240, USA
Tel +1 972 233-6888

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/dallas/dalnr/hoteldetail

Print Wikipost

Candlewood Suites Dallas by the Galleria (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Candlewood Suites Dallas by the Galleria (Master Thread)

I don't see much in the way of Candlewood posts on here, but I'm new to FT so maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

The interiors are way nice for an extended stay hotel. The outside and lobby/reception are as bare bones as it gets and some of the clientele are less than classy. But when I'm on an extended stay I'm personally more concerned with my comfort.

I'm IHG platinum and they do not offer automatic upgrades on extended stays. However, I spoke with the hotel manager and he was able to make it happen. I'm paying the studio rate for the 1-bedroom suite which is newly remodeled. It has a full kitchen (sans oven), big-screens in living room and bedroom with working HDMI and other inputs, and free Wi-Fi. Staff is very friendly: small places so you'll see the same faces and they'll get to know you if you're there a while.

I also like this hotel's convenient access to major highways, shopping (CVS or Wal-Mart), and the on-site "cupboard" with a variety of snacks, frozen dinners, sodas, etc. at reasonable prices.

It's not something I'd blow points to stay at but if you're on company travel and looking for something sustainable this may be a good bet. I've got this place on lockdown full-time rather than just booking 2 nights/week like the rest of my team does and it definitely beats having to pack/unpack constantly.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 6:26 pm

You only stay here 2/nights a week but book it every night of the week? Is the price del you got worth paying the 5 other nights of the week? Or is it a really good weekly or monthly rate you got?

How is the location for sightseeing? I dont know anything about Dallas and am considering the crowne plaza or indigo downtown.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Sorry I'm way late on the response to this, something's up with my notifications, but I'll answer anyway for anyone interested in the future.

The rooms there start at $50/night and I negotiated for an upgrade to the larger suite since I was going to be there for over a year. $350/week is typical here. In my case it was more practical to do this than booking the 2 nights/week but that's just because I was cheap in comparison to my coworkers!

The Indigo downtown is way nicer than this and closer to things you may want to do. This is more in the North Dallas area. This CP is very close to the Galleria, Addison (great bar/restaurants), and Dallas North Tollway, which can get you around pretty fast. But the Indigo Downtown is a clutch hotel as well. Really depends on what type of siteseeing you're looking for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.