Wiki Posts
Search

Master List of IHG Hotels Club Floor Upgrade Fee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 5:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Master List of IHG Hotels Club Floor Upgrade Fee

Hi dear all, I would like to initiate the thread on the topic of Club Floor Upgrade Fee. It is common many IHG hotels (includes a handful of ICs, Crowne Plazas and Asian Holiday Inn properties) to offer nice Club Lounges and Floors. And many, start to charge an upgrade fee if you did not book the Club Floor. So why not share your recent experience here with everyone? We may be able to learn which hotel in one major metropolitan area have the best value in Club access and which hotel is over charging. I would like to suggest participant to following following formats for readers:

Hotel Name:
Club Upgrade Fee:
What is the Club like: (give between 0 star to 5 star)
Verdict: (Value for money)

Please be aware that some IC hotels have discount for AMbassador members. If you know any please differentiate the two fees. If you think this is a good idea please do feel free to reply and participate.

Knowledge is the power. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: EVA (Gold), BMI, BA, PC Plat/Royal Amb
Hotel: IC Shenzhen
Club Upgrade Fee: RMB400+15service charge
What is the Club like: 3+*
Verdict: At just over 40 UK/60US$ to upgrade a reward night to Club access that also includes an upgrade to a King Bed Club, it is good value.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Does the threads Please post your RA/Priority Club Elite experiences not already deal with the topic?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Does the threads Please post your RA/Priority Club Elite experiences not already deal with the topic?
Not really. Most of the discuss inside the thread you mentioned is about free upgrade for elites...and if you want to find one individual hotel upgrade PRICE it is one imposssible task. That is why I would like to start this thread to be more specific for forum users.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chongcao
Not really. Most of the discuss inside the thread you mentioned is about free upgrade for elites...and if you want to find one individual hotel upgrade PRICE it is one imposssible task. That is why I would like to start this thread to be more specific for forum users.
Many properties offer different rates depending on status, peak period, occupancy, and front desk whims, so it isn't always possible to get a single unified rate.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Many properties offer different rates depending on status, peak period, occupancy, and front desk whims, so it isn't always possible to get a single unified rate.
Already mentioned in my thread if you care to read the last two paragraph. Cheers.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:15 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Intercontinental Budapest

40euros. Very nice lounge. Good food. Amazing view.
Worth only if you are willing to spend long time at the hotel. Otherwise same amount of food and drink would cost you less at the hotel bar.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Intercontinental Warsaw

60 euros. But was offerred 40euros, I guess they had vacancies. Very nice lounge on top floor. Average food. Amazing view if weather permits. It's small given the size of the hotel.
Worth only if you are willing to spend long time at the hotel. not really recommended unless it comes with a suite upgrade too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.