Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2004, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR PL, Hyatt GP Diamond, HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-LIst, National EE
Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center (Master Thread)

I did a search through the threads and couldn't find anything about CP in Dallas, except for the horrible account of the Addison location. I have a two and a four night stay coming up here in September, and would like to know something about the hotel. I do not have status with ICHG, but am PLAT with Sheraton and Marriott (comped this year to match my --->) and DIA with HH. I usually stay in moderately priced properties and am not that particular (comfortable bed, clean bathroom, big enough tv that I can see, etc.). In the past, I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Park Central -- just to give you an idea of where my standards might be. Would you think that this hotel might compare favorably? It is a fully cancellable rate, so I would be able to bail if the place is awful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stevekoe
Old Aug 13, 2004, 6:19 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by stevekoe
I did a search through the threads and couldn't find anything about CP in Dallas, except for the horrible account of the Addison location. I have a two and a four night stay coming up here in September, and would like to know something about the hotel. I do not have status with ICHG, but am PLAT with Sheraton and Marriott (comped this year to match my --->) and DIA with HH. I usually stay in moderately priced properties and am not that particular (comfortable bed, clean bathroom, big enough tv that I can see, etc.). In the past, I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Park Central -- just to give you an idea of where my standards might be. Would you think that this hotel might compare favorably? It is a fully cancellable rate, so I would be able to bail if the place is awful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stevekoe
It's average as far as CP's go. I stayed there once and had the unfortunate experience of having them miss my wake up call by 1 hour due to the time change in April... they forgot to change the clock in their system for two days! Then, they wouldn't immediately take me to the airport to catch my flight. I had to get a cab.
Other than that, it's average. I wont go there again. The HI Select - Love Field is better, and is just two miles down the road.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
CP Dallas Market Center

Stay Report - 5/25-5/26

Location: The hotel is in the Dallas Market Center, about 4 miles from DAL which makes it basically a DAL Airport Hotel. It's off the Stemmons Freeway (I-35E) and Mockingbird Lane near a few chain restaurants, banks, other hotels and a couple of consulates. The area it's in is perfectly safe, though not very interesting. Downtown Dallas is very close.

Hotel: The hotel is old and feels tired and worn out. The building is a huge concrete structure that screams 70s brutalist and the inside is fairly depressing. The lobby is large but dimly lit and shadowy. The hall floors are similarly ill lit and have worn carpeting. It feels very much like a "where should we put this hotel? Toss it into CP" type of place. It does have a restaurant, bar and room service though.

Check In: I was staying courtesy of Delta thanks to a VDB. The check in agent was very helpful and friendly and I was given a bottle of water and explained the hotel amenities. All the staff I dealt with here were very friendly.

Room: As you can see, quite dated. In fact, the hotel reference guide listed phone numbers for Continental and US Air and directions to Texas Stadium (Home of the Cowboys). Still, Wifi worked fine (it's free), the shower was good and the bed comfortable, plus there were outlets near the bed.

Other: Check out was also very friendly, the agents have a ton of free toiletries at the desk too. Also, there is a shuttle to DAL but you do need to make reservations.

Overall, an older property but for the right rate it's fine enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.