Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Durham Research Triangle Park (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Holiday Inn Express Durham Research Triangle Park (Master Thread)

Stay Report - 9/25 - 9/26:

Location: The hotel is located on Miami Blvd just off I-40 at Exit 281. This puts it about 4 miles from RDU airport, 20 miles to Downtown Raleigh and 10 miles to Downtown Durham. It's near most parts of the Research Triangle Park and NC-54 and NC-55 with their abundance of restaurants are very close.

Hotel: A slightly below average HIX property. It's only 14 years old but feels older. The lobby is small and dimly lighted, there's only a single elevator, there's no snack shop just vending machines on each floor and the rooms and common areas also smell musty. Thankfully, the breakfast area was of a good size at least. The parking lot is also a bit on the small size.

Check In: I arrived at 5 PM and was checked in by a scatter brained against. Despite it being 5 o'clock she had to call someone to see if my room was clean and had a loud argument on the phone about it.

Room: On the positive side, it's larger than I was expecting. Couch, coffee table, large King bed, desk area, full sized shower and separate sink and vanity. The closet was a little disappointing but at least there was a coffee maker. On the negative side, sound proofing is terrible and my room overlooked some train tracks. Also, it smelled smoky and somewhat musty.

Other: Breakfast was pretty decent. Scrambled eggs, bacon, turkey sausage, biscuits (though no gravy), pancake machine and cinnamon rolls plus cereal, yogurt, breads and fruit.

I was staying here as part of the Accelerate promo. This hotel is slightly worse than the RDU HIX so I doubt I'll be back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.