Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington - Lenox Area

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington - Lenox Area

ooph. This hotel is lacking in so many ways, get it commands a solid rate as it was a summer Saturday and we didn't need a minimum night stay. Welcome to summer in the Berkshires.

Reward stay and they called us while we were on the road to see if we wanted an upgrade to a King suite, and we declined it because we needed two beds. Honestly, we should have declined staying here. Didn't go to the Holiday Inn expecting the Four Seasons, but didn't go expecting a Motel Six either. To be honest, I've stayed at better Motel Sixes.

Room: A/C was only ON or OFF. No temperature control so we had to block the ice cold air via a clothes pin on the curtains.Shower temp did not get above lukewarm. Otherwise clean and had a fridge. No safe which struck me as odd.
Love that they use Bath & Body Works toiletries.

Service: decent, although not proactive.

Breakfast:had cinnamon rolls, that's all that really matters to me.

Property: fitness center was a joke. 3 of the 5 machines and the TV were broken and the machines were state of the 80s. Why even bother having one.
Vending machines on the first floor were broken as was the juice machine at breakfast. The property is just not well maintained.

Location: ahh, the room rate. Right on Rt. 7 between Stockbridge and Great Barrington. An easy drive over the Bridge into downtown GB and a good location for exploring the rest of the Berkshires. Its immediate neighbors are a Brewery, a Fairfield Inn and a KMart.

Overall, meh. I might go back if the price was right and I needed a one night stay, but it's a very poor example of the Holiday Inn Express brand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.