Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown

Address
Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown
2333 NW Vaughn Street,
Portland, Oregon OR 97210, USA

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/portland/pdxor/hoteldetail

Print Wikipost

Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Holiday Inn Express Portland Downtown (Master Thread)

Awesome stay.

PROS:
* The staff is superb. They did their best to accommodate every guest's request. Tiffany is a local who helped guests find the best place to eat and play. An HIX with a concierge. Colleen in the breakfast area kept the food flowing, and was very personable.
* Fresh baked cookies at night.
* The hotel itself if beautiful, decorated in rich browns and greens. The layout has several little cozy areas for meeting or just relaxing, plus I'm told they have a boardroom and convention room.
*The pool and jacuzzi are salt-water rather than awful chlorine. Pool is lap-length (but usually populated by children.)
* Workout room is adequate.
* Large breakfast area with full HIX menu.
* Location is excellent; it's at the end of the Vaughn Street exit ramp off 30. Less than two miles to the heart of the city, and an easy trip there. Or walk four blocks and take the Metro.
* Upgrade to choice of suites. A note about this - the front desk clerk said that sometimes people don't get upgraded because they've booked a 2 bed room and the hotel's suites are King. She said to make sure to let the desk know that you're willing to go to one bed and a pullout couch.
* Platinum goodie bag with water and candy.
* Free parking.
* Free in-room wi-fi.
* Negotiated rates for stays longer than 7 days.
* Large flat screen.

CONS:
* No views for rooms on the west side. (Yeah, very small "con", but I had to come up with SOMEthing.)

Very, very impressed with this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.