Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip retrieval not authorized by the airline or the travel agency

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

SN blocking access to Amadeus bookings?

All my bookings, made directly with SN, cannot be accessed on checkmytrip.com as of today, but display normally on SN website. Have they started blocking access the way AF does?

Last edited by hopeful_me; Jul 7, 2017 at 2:16 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by hopeful_me
All my bookings, made directly with SN, cannot be accessed on checkmytrip.com as of today, but display normally on SN website. Have they started blocking access the way AF does?
Yes, at the moment it looks like the LH group blocks the access.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yeah, my M&M award (for TG and SK flights only) has disappeared from CMT as of yesterday
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:04 am

Same in my case, booking gone from my MyFlight but shows Ok on LH website.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Yes, at the moment it looks like the LH group blocks the access.
What are the advantages of the blocking for the LH group, I wonder? What is the purpose of this enhancement?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:40 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
All my LH bookings monitored by MyFlights are now marked as Cancelled, while they are OK on LH website.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:41 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by krzysz
What are the advantages of the blocking for the LH group, I wonder? What is the purpose of this enhancement?
It annoys customers. That has always be a good enough reason for LH.

Interestingly, one LH booking remains in CheckMyTrip (not to be confused with CMT: Country Music Television): it's a standard 220* ticket number with the only difference that it was issued in Japan.

All other 220* tickets, which were all issued in Germany, have disappeared.

HTB.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by krzysz
Probably strong arming Amadeus over their fees.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by htb
All other 220* tickets, which were all issued in Germany, have disappeare.
That explains why I didn't suffer a loss. My one and only LH ticket is issued in Finland and it is still available.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Lack
Probably strong arming Amadeus over their fees.
No clue what is going one, but my guess is tickets booked using the direct connect system are now no longer mirrored on the GDS. Probably on the insistence of Amadeus, as they see no money for it
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:27 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
All my past LH group flights have also disappeared from "past trips" :-(
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:33 am

Programs: Miles & More
Trip retrieval not authorized by the airline or the travel agency

After receiving the above error messages while trying to use Amadeus CheckMyTrip I called the Lufthansa Portal helpdesk and got the following explanation:
"Due to a security issue with Amadeus flight registrations (made through the Lufthansa Portal) third part access has been disabled beginning 2017. This may also be related to the mode of payment used."
Explanation:
  • Third party access is a flag set by the travel agency while making the booking with Amadeus. In this case The Lufthansa Portal acts as the travel agency.
  • Its not an Amadeus problem as such (they just respect what the LH Portal tells them). So don't call them.
  • It's not a Lufthansa problem either. Their call centers are clueless. So don't call them.
  • This cannot be fixed for the time being. We have to live with it.
I guess Lufthansa had some issues with flights booked using stolen credit cards. It may be that Amadeus has strictly not a security issue as such, but that selling the booking code and asking the buyer to verify using "CheckMyTrip" was an all to easy service model.
I guess LH is trying to persuade Amadeus to ask for more details (payment information) while registering flights at CheckMyTrip. Amadeus already asks for full names rather than last name as they did until a few years back. Be prepared for even more hassle.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:22 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to move your post to our Lufthansa forum, where this info is likely to be of most use.

chgoeditor
co-moderator, Information Desk
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk, roeschter!

This is affecting CheckMyTrip as well as My Flights app but the only place which mentions this on FT that I can find is the following thread in the BA forum!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ights-app.html
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The CCC made a big issue about Amadeus Checkmytrip being a data leak last year: https://media.ccc.de/v/33c3-7964-whe...armen_sandiego

What happened is a logical consequence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.