Search

Tracking Equipment?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver
Tracking Equipment?

All--

I'm trying to fly SFO to JFK later in the year, and I'd like to do so in a X-4-X seat configuration in economy (I'd like to take the four seats in the middle). Cruising seat guru, I think that it's going to have to be on an 747 or an A330 (everyone else is a 3-3-3, or worse, just a 3-3), unless I've missed something. Is there any other plane that anyone who flies that route that has that config?

My real question is thus: what's the right tool to see which airlines have placed which equipment on which routes? Just because AA has A330s in the fleet, for example, is no indication that they're being used on that route. I'm flying with young kids, so equipment type is actually a consideration. How do I know which airlines (and which flights) are being operated on what plane types?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Planes you are looking for are the 330, and 777. AA currently does not operate a 747. You might also consider the 767 with a 2x3x2 seating. As for tools, just the airlines website and route schedule also mentions the planes used. Thing is that AA mostly uses Airbus for this route, which is mostly a 3x3 configuration in coach. Depending on when you are flying there might be a schedule that might have a 777, but that is not guaranteed, and AA could do an aircraft swap as well.

I do not think there is currently an established x-4-x flight for this route. AA, Dl, VX and B6 are the only carriers that offer direct service, and none offers your preferred seat accommodation. Best to book what works for you as far as schedule, timing and current seat assignment. Maybe seat 2 on the 3 side, and the other 2 behind, or 2 minors and 1 adult, with the other adult across the other aisle.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
As arollins stated, there aren't any options for 3-4-3 to JFK. Alternatively, you can use 777-300ER on UA's for SFO-EWR, which has 3-4-3.

If JFK is necessary, you might consider DL's 767 which has 2-3-2, and you can potentially take 2 rows on the side, which I think would be the next best option.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arollins
AA 767 2x3x2
AA Airbus 3x3
Originally Posted by swgsword
777-300ER UA SFO-EWR 3-4-3.
DL 767 2-3-2
can book extra seat(s)
2+3 side middle (1)
3+3 side side (2)
in one/entire row

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 23, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA only runs three class (F and J with lie flat seats) A321-200s with Sharklets ("32B" on aa.cim, but unfortunately this includes three class "Sharklets" equipped aircraft - that do not fly this route) with 3 x 3 Economy seating.

I'd also bet that you will probably not be able to achieve your goal due to schedules realignments, high travel season and higher load factors.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Are you attempting to get the 4 middle seats to yourself in the ideal that you can take all 4 and make them into a "bed"?
If so, with today's tightened belts I think that's a poor exercise.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by fflier_9999
All--

I'm trying to fly SFO to JFK later in the year, and I'd like to do so in a X-4-X seat configuration in economy (I'd like to take the four seats in the middle). Cruising seat guru, I think that it's going to have to be on an 747 or an A330 (everyone else is a 3-3-3, or worse, just a 3-3), unless I've missed something. Is there any other plane that anyone who flies that route that has that config?

My real question is thus: what's the right tool to see which airlines have placed which equipment on which routes? Just because AA has A330s in the fleet, for example, is no indication that they're being used on that route. I'm flying with young kids, so equipment type is actually a consideration. How do I know which airlines (and which flights) are being operated on what plane types?

Thanks!
No..thats not what he's trying to do......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.