Booking mixed itinerary on one PNR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond

I would like to fly PVG-ICN on OZ with a friend.
We will then spend two days in Seoul, after which I will continue on another OZ flight to NGO.

Booking PVG-ICN-NGO with a stopover at ICN is significantly cheaper than booking two seperate one-way flights.
I have *A Gold status and would like to use it to select seats for free (my friend doesn't have any status).

Is there a way to make one reservation for this, so that I can select seats for both of us for free, without making a second reservation for my ICN-NGO flight?

It's about OZ in this case, but it could just as well have been another airline, so I thought this would be a better category than the OZ forum.
Thanks!
Old May 1, 2017, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If the itinerary is not the same/in same booking class if will not be possible to get 2pax in 1 PNR.

But not a big loss; you will be able to select seats at check-in (try OLCI where more seats are available) and you will be seated together.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
OLCI is not the same as choosing the best seats several weeks out...
Old May 1, 2017, 2:24 am
Original Poster

I was thinking that what should work is making a reservation for 2 pax for the first segment, but not getting it ticketed yet. Selecting seats.
Then splitting my booking and adding the second flight, then getting both bookings ticketed.
But I guess you need a travel agency for that...
Old May 1, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
OLCI is not the same as choosing the best seats several weeks out...
The difference is hardly worth making a fuss about and certainly not the creativity desribed in this thread - just my opinion...

Try contact a TA and find out what is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.