Wiki Posts
Search

CSR + Unlimited?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

CSR + Unlimited?

Hello

I am new to this game, I only have 2 credit cards right now. My Fico is 830, income pretty good. I am interested in applying to the CSR , Unlimited, and the freedom to really take advantage of maximizing my points.

The question is should I apply for all 3 of them at once(obv the CSR first to see if I am approved)?, or should I apply to 2 today, and maybe 1 later on as to not hurt my credit too much? Any type of advice should be great. I pay my credit cards in full and would be able to meet the spending requirements for all 3 if I applied for all of them today.

Thank you
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I don't foresee Chase issuing you 3 cards at once or ever 3 cards in a short period. 2 is not unusual. I'd go CSP/CSR first and if approved add on one more as I believe Chase allows one pull for multiple cards in 1 day (confirm this before doing so). Then build up the relationship with Chase and in 6 months or so get the 3rd card.

Are the 2 current credit cards new or old? Good limits?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I don't foresee Chase issuing you 3 cards at once or ever 3 cards in a short period. 2 is not unusual. I'd go CSP/CSR first and if approved add on one more as I believe Cash allows one pull for multiple cards in 1 day (confirm this before doing so). Then build up the relationship with Chase and in 6 months or so get the 3rd card.

Are the 2 current credit cards new or old? Good limits?
Why should I apply for the CSP? Is it to get the 50k bonus miles? then Downgrade later on to the unlimited? I wanted the unlimited due to the 1.5 points/ $1.

My other cards have 3k and the other one was 20k( I requested a credit line increase about 2 months ago from 9-20k)

The cards are atleast 2-3 years old. the 1st one is atleast 4-5 yrs old

Also, I am new at this, if iwant to transfer points to united, I dont need a United credit card right? I can just open up an account with united for free and have their points I am assuming?

Thanks again
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
You stated CSR first in your list so I suggest that one at first with the CSP as an alternative if you won't use the benefits and don't want a $450 annual fee. The 100k UR points is a nice signup bonus but the card is more traveler centric.

You don't need one of the United Credit Cards to transfer to a UA Mileage Plus account. The UR portal allows for transfer to United Mileage Plus accounts.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Credit isn't a "game." Flagged to be moved to the appropriate Chase forum.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:33 am

check chase prequalifed
https://www.chase.com/prequalified

you may or may not qualify for the premium CSR cards yet... (dont think CSR shows up on the online prequalified page, may show up in branch if you ask)

if you dont have any travel plans yet, I would go for CF/CFU first (should be easier to qualify based on the page above, can earn 5x rotating or 1.5x UR), then get CSP/R down the road (can transfer CF/CFU UR to the premium card)

Last edited by paperwastage; Aug 24, 2016 at 7:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.