Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help. 15th Year Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Need Help. 15th Year Anniversary

Hi All

I am a new member who occasionally travels for business mostly within USA and sometimes internationally. My upcoming 15th year anniversary is this November and I would like to seek your suggestions on how to score cheap business class tickets.

I personally don't like traveling different places but my wife likes it. So I decided to surprise her and take her to a destination she has always wanted to go.

Dubai is the destination.

We will travel between November 9th and November 13th.

I prefer to fly nonstop with Emirates and current prices for Emirates round trip from New York runs for $6500

Is there a good time to purchase business tickets? I have never ever purchased business tickets out of my own pocket. I always traveled on company dime and tickets were purchased by our travel department.

With that said, here are my questions.

1) I want to fly either Emirates or Etihad as I liked their business class a lot. Any other suggestions?

2) When is a good time to purchase business class tickets? Again our dates are firm and we will travel between Nov 9th and Nov 13th.

3) In case I can't get cheap tickets to Dubai, what other destination do you suggest?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I've traveled far distances for short periods but flying to Dubai from NYC is ~12.5 hours and a short period in Dubai/UAE is quite a stretch.

Airlines throw specials from time to time and some are cyclical but others are random or a response to competition. Kayak has a fare trending tool that may help.

Other destinations? What do you want? What do you enjoy? Where have you been that you'd prefer not to repeat? For me I currently have a trip to Cape Town, Johanessburg a London booked for this fall and am looking at a trip for this spring that includes Budapest, Vienna & Amsterdam which sounds great to me but may not appeal to you at all.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I've traveled far distances for short periods but flying to Dubai from NYC is ~12.5 hours and a short period in Dubai/UAE is quite a stretch.

Airlines throw specials from time to time and some are cyclical but others are random or a response to competition. Kayak has a fare trending tool that may help.

Other destinations? What do you want? What do you enjoy? Where have you been that you'd prefer not to repeat? For me I currently have a trip to Cape Town, Johanessburg a London booked for this fall and am looking at a trip for this spring that includes Budapest, Vienna & Amsterdam which sounds great to me but may not appeal to you at all.
Hi Yoshi

We have been to Europe many times. London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Cologne etc. We still want to go to Italy in Europe but this time I want to to take her somewhere not in Europe.

I will check out Kayak's tool. Appreciate the response. Have a nice day.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Maybe consider South America. Peru or Costa Rica are great places to visit and Business class fares are generally a good deal to this region. In any case check out GOOGLE FLIGHTS to get an idea of appropriate fares wherever you decide to go.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pontevecchio
Maybe consider South America. Peru or Costa Rica are great places to visit and Business class fares are generally a good deal to this region. In any case check out GOOGLE FLIGHTS to get an idea of appropriate fares wherever you decide to go.
Hi my friend. Can you please tell me more about how Google Flights work? Never heard of it before. Sorry for asking a dumb question.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's very simple, just like any other internet booking engine:

www.google.com/flights
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's very simple, just like any other internet booking engine:

www.google.com/flights
+1

You also may want to discuss with a travel agent. He or she will be able to have a conversation with you and talk about pros and cons of various destinations in a more interactive setting than here.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks LondonElite and Adam1222
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You may wish to also use www.kayak.com
Old Jul 25, 2016, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Check out the Premium (i.e., business and first class) Deals forum here at FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

Not sure about any great fares to Dubai, but discounted business class fares to various good destinations pop up there on a semi-regular basis.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You may wish to also use www.kayak.com
Thanks London Elite. Great website. I will bookmark it and check it daily.

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Check out the Premium (i.e., business and first class) Deals forum here at FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

Not sure about any great fares to Dubai, but discounted business class fares to various good destinations pop up there on a semi-regular basis.
Thanks Thunderroad. I already found a good deal on the premium fare deals subforum. I wish I could book it as I am not getting the deal the OP suggests. JFK to BKK for$22xx is what I am talking about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.