Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Esta denied

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Esta denied

I am new to the site, im meant to be flying to vegas in 3 days with my girlfriend so i needed to fill in my girlfriends esta for her a while ago, it was after work so i was tired i wanted to do it tomorrow as i was exhausted, but she is a worrier and wanted me to do it then, so a happy girlfriend is a happy life i did it and it was auth pending i checked back and it was denied, i reviewed the application and to my surprise i mistakenly didnt check no for question 5 which was did u ever try to falsely ever try enter d states it says yes by mistake obviously she has never had i emailed the relevant folk and it says it might be 2 to 3 weeks for a response , thats no good so what can we do i read about people trying again in 24 hours might that work , any advice i would appreciate or we are down 3 and a half grand and she will never forgive me thanks. Mark
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:53 pm

wrong forum, this is Starwood

please also use paragraphs and maybe Google

also, where are you? what citizen? visit US Embassy for official VISA?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:21 pm

Well, given the timelines, your only option really is to try again to apply for the ESTA, this time with the correct information. It may or may not work, but any other option would take too long.

You should have applied for ESTA before buying the ticket, not in the very last minute.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by claurianta2
Well, given the timelines, your only option really is to try again to apply for the ESTA, this time with the correct information. It may or may not work, but any other option would take too long.

You should have applied for ESTA before buying the ticket, not in the very last minute.
Yeah lesson learned. I would need to apply for one when I firm my plans to fly into IAD.

Anyways, this thread doesn't belong here, probably in Information Desk. Have alerted a moderator.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Have alerted a moderator.
A lot of us have.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Yeah lesson learned. I would need to apply for one when I firm my plans to fly into IAD.

Anyways, this thread doesn't belong here, probably in Information Desk. Have alerted a moderator.
This is a better home for this topic
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-security-222/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/check...cy-debate-687/
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...ty-issues-686/
Sem to a big overlap in these 2 sub forums
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
US Visas on hold

The process for granting visas to the US is currently on hold due to technical problems --

http://www.natlawreview.com/article/...and-visas-hold
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: United Airlines MileagePlus
Originally Posted by JerryFF
The process for granting visas to the US is currently on hold due to technical problems --

http://www.natlawreview.com/article/...and-visas-hold
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0P32CJ20150623
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by footy231
I am new to the site, im meant to be flying to vegas in 3 days with my girlfriend so i needed to fill in my girlfriends esta for her [...] she will never forgive me thanks. Mark
A bigger question is why are you to apply for her ESTA? She should have done so herself. She is an adult, after all.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Indelaware
A bigger question is why are you to apply for her ESTA? She should have done so herself. She is an adult, after all.
Really?

It is quite common for one person in a couple to do the travel arrangements and assorted paperwork. Division of labor and such.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Really?

It is quite common for one person in a couple to do the travel arrangements and assorted paperwork. Division of labor and such.
Seems rather paternalistic to me.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by footy231
I am new to the site, im meant to be flying to vegas in 3 days with my girlfriend so i needed to fill in my girlfriends esta for her a while ago, it was after work so i was tired i wanted to do it tomorrow as i was exhausted, but she is a worrier and wanted me to do it then, so a happy girlfriend is a happy life i did it and it was auth pending i checked back and it was denied, i reviewed the application and to my surprise i mistakenly didnt check no for question 5 which was did u ever try to falsely ever try enter d states it says yes by mistake obviously she has never had i emailed the relevant folk and it says it might be 2 to 3 weeks for a response , thats no good so what can we do i read about people trying again in 24 hours might that work , any advice i would appreciate or we are down 3 and a half grand and she will never forgive me thanks. Mark
As you've been given some links to forums where this topic would be better at home (see Mwenenzi's post #6), I'll go ahead and close this thread. I'd encourage you to follow those links and re-post your question in one of those forums (but only one, as cross-posting is disallowed on FlyerTalk) for further assistance and discussion.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.