Lounge Hopping Using Priority Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum

I will have almost four hours at LAX and since I am flying out of Terminal 1, which does not have any lounges, I was debating between the best lounge to use in T2, T3 or T7. I have Priority Pass (through Citi Prestige) and also United Club.

Then a thought occurred to me, instead of the best lounge, could I use PP and use Maple Leaf in T2 for an hour and again use PP for Virgin America loft in T3? So, could the same priority pass be used to access two different lounges at the same airport on the same day?
Old May 9, 2015, 8:10 pm

no problem at all
Old May 10, 2015, 3:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Which Priority Pass?

If you have Standard PP ($99 annual fee, sometimes included with some card memberships, e.g. AMEX Platinum), you can visit as many lounges as you are willing to pay $27 per visit to access. (To repeat, it's per visit, not per day.)

If you have Standard Plus ($249 annual fee), you have ten free annual,lounge visits - then you pay $27 each to access.

If you have Prestige Priority Pass, of course you can visit as many lounges as you like "for free" as that's included in the $399 annual rate.

Each guest costs $27 per lounge visit as well for all PP schemes.

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
no problem at all
That's not quite correct. But welcome to FlyerTalk...
Old May 11, 2015, 11:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jediwho
I will have almost four hours at LAX and since I am flying out of Terminal 1, which does not have any lounges, I was debating between the best lounge to use in T2, T3 or T7. I have Priority Pass (through Citi Prestige) and also United Club.

Then a thought occurred to me, instead of the best lounge, could I use PP and use Maple Leaf in T2 for an hour and again use PP for Virgin America loft in T3? So, could the same priority pass be used to access two different lounges at the same airport on the same day?
At LAX, your biggest problem is likely to be whether TSA security will let you get to the door of the lounge. You can enter T1 with your outbound boarding pass, but where (or on what airline?) do you arrive? Not all LAX terminals are connected airside.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
Which Priority Pass?

If you have Standard PP ($99 annual fee, sometimes included with some card memberships, e.g. AMEX Platinum), you can visit as many lounges as you are willing to pay $27 per visit to access. (To repeat, it's per visit, not per day.)

If you have Standard Plus ($249 annual fee), you have ten free annual,lounge visits - then you pay $27 each to access.

If you have Prestige Priority Pass, of course you can visit as many lounges as you like "for free" as that's included in the $399 annual rate.

Each guest costs $27 per lounge visit as well for all PP schemes.

That's not quite correct. But welcome to FlyerTalk...
I have two PP, one from Amex and the other from Citi Prestige. My bad, should have been more specific.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At LAX, your biggest problem is likely to be whether TSA security will let you get to the door of the lounge. You can enter T1 with your outbound boarding pass, but where (or on what airline?) do you arrive? Not all LAX terminals are connected airside.
The LAX tweeted just over a month ago that one can go to any terminal as long as one has a boarding pass. I would assume this also means that if I don't have a boarding pass, I could get a gate pass from United Club and enter Terminal 3 to use Virgin America lounge using PP that comes with Citi Prestige or Amex.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've hopped at LAX just last month with no issues- visited the old T-3 AS BR *(now VX) and the new T-6 AS BR.
Old May 14, 2015, 1:40 pm

Excuse me.

I am wondering if we can use the 2 lounges in Terminal 5 of ORD, Swissport lounge and Air France VIP lounge. We will arrive at Terminal 2 and depart at Terminal 1, can we use priority pass to get into these lounge in Terminal 5? Are they linked with airline? If we fly with United, are we allowed to get into Swissport or Air France lounge?

Also, for one pass, am I allowed to have multiple entries to the same lounge on the same day?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old May 14, 2015, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Assuming that the two international terminal lounges are airside, you won't be able to get to them unless you have a boarding pass for a flight departing from T5.
Old May 17, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by jediwho

I recently did two lounges at Istanbul without problem.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver

Just to clarify, this is inaccurate. The PP membership that is included with the Amex Plat card is PP Select. This membership offers unlimited complimentary access to PP lounges. Guests entry costs $27 each.
Old May 17, 2015, 11:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by lingecw
Excuse me.

I am wondering if we can use the 2 lounges in Terminal 5 of ORD, Swissport lounge and Air France VIP lounge. We will arrive at Terminal 2 and depart at Terminal 1, can we use priority pass to get into these lounge in Terminal 5? Are they linked with airline? If we fly with United, are we allowed to get into Swissport or Air France lounge?

Also, for one pass, am I allowed to have multiple entries to the same lounge on the same day?

Thanks in advance for any info.
Was going to try this last week- but ran out of time

Turns out my AA gate was right after TSA...but was nice to not run for once.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:03 pm

Hey guys I have a question.

I just received this card but because I'm currently out of state, I am unable to have it with me when I travel.
Do you think I could show a picture of this card with my name on it and I'll be able to use it?

also for beijing and seoul, are there good options?
Old May 22, 2015, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
Do you think I could show a picture of this card with my name on it and I'll be able to use it?
The answer will most likely be no. They have to run the card in order to grant you access which is something that can't be done via a photo. Perhaps there's a way of manually entering the card number, but I'm not sure.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
The answer will most likely be no. They have to run the card in order to grant you access which is something that can't be done via a photo. Perhaps there's a way of manually entering the card number, but I'm not sure.
They can call but typically wont.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.