Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake on Date of Birth on my Flight ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Mistake on Date of Birth on my Flight ticket

Hey sorry if this is not in the proper section but basically going over my ticket tonight and i realized that the Day of my birth is incorrect, every else is perfectly fine, month, year, name etc but the actual Day was a typo =x

My flight leaves in 2 days and the Edit option doesn't allow me to change the Day i was born, being in a bit of a panic at the moment do i.....

A: Do nothing

B: Call the airline and explain the mistake and have them simply correct it (Was going to do this but worried it may cause more problems then doing nothing)

C: Any amazing advice to make me feel less panic'd atm...

....Halp?
Old May 1, 2015, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I've never seen an airline ticket that had a passenger's date of birth on it. Are you sure you're not talking about something else?
Old May 1, 2015, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
What airline, and domestic or international?

Call the airline to see if they will fix it. If they won't, just get to the airport an extra hour early to resolve any hassles. Definitely check in online at T-24.

I'd doubt they even care unless it is an international flight.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Yeah its a flight to south-east asia from US, stoping in Doha, i dont have the ticket yet because i need to wait for 24 hours untill to print it, i just noticed where i signed up it was inncorrect

Edit: maybe i should just give them a call to be safe, perhaps they can fix it for me since tickets have not been printed yet
Old May 1, 2015, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Definitely get it fixed. For international, the DOB will need to match what is in the passport.

Still trying to figure out why you can't print an e-ticket receipt. If you aren't confirmed for travel yet, there may be other problems.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

I have my E-ticket printed just fine, i just meant like the actual bording pass i can't print till it's within 24 hours of flight time
Old May 1, 2015, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

I've never seen an airline ticket that had a passenger's date of birth on it. Are you sure you're not talking about something else?
Yeah sorry i just meant like when you fill in information when buying the flight, i was going over everything and noticed the day of the month of birth was mistyped, perhaps it won't even be on the ticket but still has me worried
Old May 1, 2015, 8:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
You may well not be able to check in online and get a message to see the agent.

Call the airline and try to get this fixed now. If you can't, get to the airport a couple hours early to give you some buffer time to get it fixed.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
This isn't a big problem if you get a hold of the airline ASAP. Call them, tell them you wrote the wrong date of birth and there will be no problems.

Have a safe flight!
Old May 1, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
You may well not be able to check in online and get a message to see the agent.

Call the airline and try to get this fixed now. If you can't, get to the airport a couple hours early to give you some buffer time to get it fixed.
PLUS make sure you have your passport and driver's lisence ( DOB matches?) on hand. best is to call the airline.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Great, opened a support ticket and i'll call first thing in morning when they're open. Thanks as always for your advice(s)
Old May 3, 2015, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by freeloz
Great, opened a support ticket and i'll call first thing in morning when they're open. Thanks as always for your advice(s)
Please let us know how it goes.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Correct. Tickets do not have DOBs on them - except, on rare occasion, tickets for minors may have the DOB appended to the name field. However, DOB is recorded in many PNRs - viz. in connection with flyer ID and passport fields.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Indelaware
Correct. Tickets do not have DOBs on them - except, on rare occasion, tickets for minors may have the DOB appended to the name field. However, DOB is recorded in many PNRs - viz. in connection with flyer ID and passport fields.
Some South American carriers pay close attention to one's DOB.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by freeloz
Hey sorry if this is not in the proper section but basically going over my ticket tonight and i realized that the Day of my birth is incorrect, every else is perfectly fine, month, year, name etc but the actual Day was a typo =x

My flight leaves in 2 days and the Edit option doesn't allow me to change the Day i was born, being in a bit of a panic at the moment do i.....

A: Do nothing

B: Call the airline and explain the mistake and have them simply correct it (Was going to do this but worried it may cause more problems then doing nothing)

C: Any amazing advice to make me feel less panic'd atm...

....Halp?

Hi ,

I am in same boat. Can you tell me how you got this fixed. Can you change the details at airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.