Wiki Posts
Search

Help with AA award ticket FCO to USA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Help with AA award ticket FCO to USA

Hi:

I managed to snag 2 BC award tickets on AB for our upcoming trip to Rome in September out of JFK. However, I am having a really difficult time finding BC coming back. We'd like to fly back on 10/3 (can do 10/4 if we have to). I have tried flying back to Tampa and well as other cities, JFK, MIA CLT, PHIL with no avail. Can anyone offer any advice. I live in Tampa but willing to fly back to any close city as long as we have BC for long leg. Hubbie has herniation problems. At this point, do you think it is too late and I can only get economy. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look for awards from a city other than Rome. 100's (or 1,000's?) of others are also looking for business class awards
http://www.oneworld.com/flights/where-we-fly
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are some airlines you can't see on aa.com and need to call about; there is no fee to call to book awards not available on aa.com. Having just flown Iberia's A330-300 Business Plus MAD-JFK, I can heartily recommend Iberia, for example, and others have enjoyed airberlin and also USAirways' A330s.

From the wiki in the thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2014-a.html:

Check this oneworld interactive map and timetable by Innosked to see potential routes, and you can sign up for BAEC or Qantas Frequent Flyer to use their sites to find awards (look for the lowest level awards) you can't see on aa.com.

Airlines that can be booked for award travel on aa.com:

oneworld alliance Partners
AB - airberlin
BA - British Airways (awards incur YQ surcharge)
AY - Finnair
QF - Qantas
RJ - Royal Jordanian Airlines
US - US Airways
Other Airline Participants
AS - Alaska Airlines
HA - Hawaiian Airlines
All others have to be requested by telephone; calling to book awards one can not book on aa.com or Reduced Mileage Awards no longer incurs telephone service fees.

oneworld airlines (and their oneworld affiliates) include: airberlin (and Niki), American Airlines, British Airlines (and BA Cityflyer, Comair, OpenSkies, Sun-Air of Scandinavia), Cathay Pacific (and Dragonair), Finnair (and Flybe), Iberia (and Air Nostrum, Iberia Express), Japan Airlines (and JAL Express, J-Air, Japan Transocean Air), LAN (LAN Argentina, LAN Ecuador, LAN Express, LAN Colombia, LAN Peru), Malaysia Airways, Royal Jordanian, Qantas (and QantasLink, Jetconnect), S7 (ex-Sibir, and Globus), Sri Lankan, TAM, US Airways.

Non-oneworld partners one can redeem (MileSAAver) awards on include: Air Tahiti Nui, Alaska Airlines, Etihad, Fiji Airlines, GulfAir, Hawaiian Airlines, Jet Airways (India), Seaborne (Caribbean).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Because your post specifically involves redemptions via the AAdvantage program, it will do better here in the dedicated AA forum.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Moderator, Information Desk
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:21 pm

business class award to FCO

Hello,

I am new here and I have been looking to book a business class award for two from IAD or PHL to FCO. I was planning for a trip in January 2016, but there is absolutely 0 business class availability on aa.com.

I have also looked at 330 days out, and I still see nothing.

Am I missing something here? The only available business class saver awards are through BA and the fuel surcharges are insane...

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by boyznme
We'd like to fly back on 10/3 (can do 10/4 if we have to).
Being limited to one (or two) particular dates will make your task much more difficult. The first suggestion is to be more flexible on dates.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: OW Emerald
See this post from a few hours ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24717635-post3.html

Specifically, the bit saying that not all partners can be booked on aa.com, you have to call.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:51 am

Will do, thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We'll soon merge these into the thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2014-a.html.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.