Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on award redemption to Belize

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Advice on award redemption to Belize

Hi, I am a beginning churner and I'd like some advice with my honeymoon. I thought I had everything figured out until today, when I noticed the cash price for the flights I want went down in price. I'd love to find the best value for the trip.

Here is my situation:

-Flying from IND-BZE October 4-16 with inflexible dates.
-I will soon be receiving 150K Aadvantage miles from CC signups
-Saaver flights unavailable for dates and times that I want
-Anytime award costs 55K

I planned to use Aadvantage miles at first to cover the flight because I could get a lot of them quickly and the tickets were looking to be $750. I was just checking again and the AA price has dropped to $498 and Delta now costs $473 for acceptable flights. I know that redeeming my Aadvantage miles for <$.01/mile is a terrible value, but at this point I feel somewhat stuck.

As far as I can tell, here are my best options:

-Suck it up and get a lousy rate of return for Aadvantage miles
-Wait until May 5 (2 Citi apps since 3/2/15) and apply for Citi Prestige and MS $10K to get 60K TY Points and book AA flight with those.
-Try to get Chase Ink asap and book Delta flight with 75K UR (just landed a CSP)

Other helpful info:
-Really want don't want to pay cash to fly. Budget is tight right now.
-No other immediate plans to travel. But would like to do some next winter/spring.
-0 Delta points and Delta award is 45K.

Please let me know what you think my best option is. I know I messed this one up a little bit from the beginning! Are there any other options that I'm missing?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Open the Prestige and book with TYP. While AAnytime awards can increase in price, it's not likely for that time frame.

I leave for BZE in the morning, would have waited a year if I'd know WN was going to announce service there. But it won't be there in time for you either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.