Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which FF number to put in booking?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Which FF number to put in booking?

I recently had a flight with AB, and I have AB gold, so at first online I entered my AB gold number into the reservation then chose my seats, but when checking in I asked the agent to change the FF number to my BA number (with whom I have the basic blue status) so that I could get the points onto my BA account, where my stack of One World points are kept, being based mainly in the UK.
However, when she entered my BA number - which is not any status - she said a dollar sign appears due to my suitcase being overweight, so i could only get the free extra weight when i put my AB number into the booking, and even though i have OWS status, if it is not entered into the booking, the computer wouldn't know this so i would have to pay. She didn't know a way round this.
I want to know - is this the case with every airline in OW? Will I always have to put OW points on my AB if I want to be over the regular weight limit?
And what about other alliances?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
You get the benefits of the FF number you use to earn miles
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by CDKing
You get the benefits of the FF number you use to earn miles
A friend once told me that one time a BA check-in agent managed to put 2 FF numbers in the booking - one to get the points, and one to show his status on the boarding pass.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Air France Platinum, Air China Gold, AAdvantage
I had the same issue when I decided to switch programs. I was Air China Gold, so I used to check in using that. Then just before boarding, I would pull up my booking online and change the passenger details to reflect my other frequent flyer number. I know this definitely works for flights on United, and some other airlines as well. Typically if you can add your frequent flyer number to your booking online after you've already booked, this should work.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by benberg2013
A friend once told me that one time a BA check-in agent managed to put 2 FF numbers in the booking - one to get the points, and one to show his status on the boarding pass.
It's quite possible, but is fraught with the chance of not being done properly and miscredting occurring.

While there are generally more than two such FF fields, the two most important are:

FQTV - This is the "Accrual" field for the frequent flyer program where you want the miles, points, etc. for the flight to be credited.

FQTS - This is the "Status" field which links to the Frequent Flyer status for which you wish the benefits to apply.

See here for a thread in the Air New Zealand forum regarding such:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...e-earn-ua.html
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by serfty
It's quite possible, but is fraught with the chance of not being done properly and miscredting occurring.

While there are generally more than two such FF fields, the two most important are:

FQTV - This is the "Accrual" field for the frequent flyer program where you want the miles, points, etc. for the flight to be credited.

FQTS - This is the "Status" field which links to the Frequent Flyer status for which you wish the benefits to apply.

See here for a thread in the Air New Zealand forum regarding such:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...e-earn-ua.html
Not every carrier allows one to enter different FQTV and FQTS numbers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.