Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges in Seattle [Int'l Terminal: DL vs. UA vs. *A]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Lounges in Seattle [Int'l Terminal: DL vs. UA vs. *A]

hi all,

I will be on a delta flight from SEA-HKG next month. I don't have any delta status but have UA club passes.

Is the Delta Sky Club in the international terminal better than the UA Club in SEA? I remember the last time I was in Seattle for a flight to NRT, The Star Alliance Lounge in the international terminal was not too bad.

I can't use my UA Club passes to get into the Star Alliance Lounge right? Should I bother buying a one day sky club pass or just use my UA Club pass?

Thank You!

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Feb 6, 2015 at 7:57 pm Reason: To make title a bit more explanatory
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by emofeng
hi all,

I will be on a delta flight from SEA-HKG next month. I don't have any delta status but have UA club passes.

Is the Delta Sky Club in the international terminal better than the UA Club in SEA? I remember the last time I was in Seattle for a flight to NRT, The Star Alliance Lounge in the international terminal was not too bad.

I can't use my UA Club passes to get into the Star Alliance Lounge right? Should I bother buying a one day sky club pass or just use my UA Club pass?

Thank You!
The "*A" lounge in the south satellite is a contract lounge, not a *A lounge, and no you will not be able to use your UA club pass there (UA lounges only). I personally don't see the worth of buying a day pass for a club.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by steveman518
The "*A" lounge in the south satellite is a contract lounge, not a *A lounge, and no you will not be able to use your UA club pass there (UA lounges only). I personally don't see the worth of buying a day pass for a club.
I'd say there can be value in it but it depends on how long you'll be there, your interest in going in to the city itself, and there is a personal sweet spot. Too long can mean you could possibly take the train/bus in to town and explore a bit. Too short means its not worth the $$.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Check your departure gate for SEA HKG. I remember it was not the same terminal as most of the DL flights and the SC was not in that terminal.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Got it. I was going to get in a club regardless. I already have the United Passes but if the Sky Club is better...then I would go to Sky Club and pay for it. Just not sure if it's worth it though.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
Check your departure gate for SEA HKG.
It should be in the south satellite building, probably gate S7.

Originally Posted by emofeng
I already have the United Passes
The United Club is in the main terminal, concourse A (near Gate A9). There is a free airport shuttle train that runs in this loop: from concourse A to concourse B to the S satellite, so you could get from the United lounge over to your departure gate in the south satellite quite easily.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Both lounges are pretty decent.

The HKG flight operates out of both the S gates and the A gates pretty evenly throughout the week. Check the gate on the day of departure. If it's at A12/A13, use your UA passes. If it's operating out of the S gates, buy a day pass.

Just curious as to if you are in J. If you are, you get automatic SC access.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:19 pm

Got it. I was going to get in a club regardless. I already have the United Passes but if the Sky Club is better...then I would go to Sky Club and pay for it. Just not sure if it's worth it though.

Why do you need lounge access? If its for wifi or a place to charge and sit, Seatac has free wifi and plenty of places to charge and sit. If its to have some drinks and snacks, its likely cheaper than the $50(?) price of club access to buy drinks and snacks at the several restaurants. If its to take a shower, then SkyClub has a shower, which you can decide if its worth it.

Overall while lounge access is nice, its never "worth it" since you can pay for the same amenities a-la-carte at the airport. Its not like Seatac lounges are like the luxurious Istanbul lounges etc.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Can anyone make a recommendation between the Alaska Boardroom versus the United Club in SEA?

( I have free access to both, and will be flying Southwest at about 2pm. I will have plenty of time, so proximity to Southwest gates is not an issue)

Don't think I can into Delta club as I have AMEX PLAT but not flying Delta.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
The Skyclub is bigger than the UA club. Food a bit better too. And they have showers (UA doesn't) which can be nice if you are connecting or got up early.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Haven't been in the new UA club, but I'd pick the AS club based on previous experiences and downgrades the UA club has underwent with beverages. AS has soup & salad, and local draft beers ^
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Can anyone make a recommendation between the Alaska Boardroom versus the United Club in SEA?
Have only been to the latter. Every time I've been there it's been overcrowded. I dislike it.

You can read a review here: http://travelcodex.com/2013/05/new-u...but-not-great/

Last edited by muji; Mar 26, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I'd recommend the AS lounge over the UA lounge. The food options at the UA lounge are paltry-last time I was there it was just crackers and cheese, though eventually (who knows when) it will get the "improved UA club catering". While the AS lounge might be more crowded, I've always been able to find a seat and at least grab a decent snack to eat, whether it be a salad or soup.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I'd recommend the AS lounge over the UA lounge. The food options at the UA lounge are paltry-last time I was there it was just crackers and cheese, though eventually (who knows when) it will get the "improved UA club catering". While the AS lounge might be more crowded, I've always been able to find a seat and at least grab a decent snack to eat, whether it be a salad or soup.
This question is off topic, but since you've said AS lounge is so good, is a Skyteam Elite member allowed to use an AS lounge vs. a Skyteam lounge when going on an international flight?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
This question is off topic, but since you've said AS lounge is so good, is a Skyteam Elite member allowed to use an AS lounge vs. a Skyteam lounge when going on an international flight?
ST E+ on intl itinerary gets SC access only.

DL flyers get AS BR access by reciprocity benefit if they have a SC membership.

DL DMs are ST E+ but they get a complementary SC membership so DMs can access AS BR using their SC membership rights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.