Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with a possible itinerary change, NYC-DUS-TLV [award tix]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Help with a possible itinerary change, NYC-DUS-TLV [award tix]

I am taking my family to Israel in mid-July.

My wife and 2 kids are flying NYC-TLV on LY on July 9 (booked with AA)
My in-laws are flying NYC-MAD-TLV on IB on July 9.
My parents are flying NYC-VIE-TLV on UA on July 5th.

On the way back my wife and 2 kids are flying TLV-NYC on LY on July 20.
My parents and in-laws are flying TLV-MAD-NYC on IB July 20.

All flights in business.

These tickets were booked months ago, and I was pretty happy with routings.

Enter Andre Rieu.
My wife's dream is to see him perform in Maastricht on the outdoor stage. Today, I realized that I could have routed my flight through DUS on July 9th, landed on July 10th, saw Rieu, and flown on to TLV on July 11.

All great, except 4 problems.

1. AirBerlin actually has availability on July 9th...but only 2 seats.
2. One-night layover may be against AA rules (although this is an AA roundtrip, so I am not sure)
3. I'd need to move my in-laws flight on IB one day, which is actually available. It looks like the change fee is 25 euro, but I am not sure.
4. I might want to move my parents flight one on UA.

Obviously, #1 is the biggest problem. There are 2 seats for 4 for people. Granted, only 2 of those people (my wife and I) want to go through DUS to see Andre Rieu, and the other 2 (12 and 15 year olds) don't even know who he is and can care less...but I am not sure how to resolve the problem. One possible way would be to send them with grandparents on IB on July 10, but that would involve canceling AA award.

Any suggestions, or should I leave Rieu for another year?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
How many of the existing bookings are on AA awards?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I know it's convoluted.

I'd be looking to change 2 AA awards from NYC-TLV on 7/9 to NYC-DUS on 7/9 and DUS-TLV on 7/11...and I'd be looking to change 2 other AA awards to same,if available, or to NYC-MAD-TLV on IB on 7/10.

Is the IB award bookable on AA if the AA site doesn't show it? because if it is, it's a change of dates, and if not, it needs to be cancelled and rebooked on IB...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks for the clarification, stevento… since it's all involving AA, let's see if you don't get better advice here in the American Airlines forum.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Moderator, Information Desk
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

AA awards no longer permit stopovers anywhere. You would have a maximum of 24 hours to connect at DUS on a single AAdvantage awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.