Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Finding a destination based on flight times - how?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 8:52 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to find a destination for a trip over 4th of july weekend and I would like to maximize my time there. Does anyone know of a good website where I could put in my starting location (NYC) and earliest departure time and date I'd need to return and get a list of all possible non-stop flights?

Any suggestions about where I could get to from new york leaving a friday night after 9pm arrive earlier saturday morning and then get back late monday night?
Old May 6, 2016, 8:54 am

Google flights?
Old May 6, 2016, 9:11 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I would echo the suggestion for google flights. You can select what time you can leave by as well as what time you need to be back, and it will spit out the options. Also lets you search multiple local airports at the same time so in NYC you could look at EWR, JFK, LGA...etc
Old May 6, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by babern38
I'm trying to find a destination for a trip over 4th of july weekend and I would like to maximize my time there. Does anyone know of a good website where I could put in my starting location (NYC) and earliest departure time and date I'd need to return and get a list of all possible non-stop flights?

Any suggestions about where I could get to from new york leaving a friday night after 9pm arrive earlier saturday morning and then get back late monday night?
Anywhere in Europe most likely.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:53 am
Original Poster

that's awesome. I had briefly used google flights before but didn't know you could select arrival times, etc. thanks!
Old May 6, 2016, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
JFK has a lot of departures around midnight to Asia, for example a KE A380 to ICN that arrives around 4 am and connects to almost anywhere in Asia and the Pacific. There are similar CX departures to HKG.

For Europe, you're probably talking about destinations with multiple flights and taking the last one to the day. LHR should work easily (multiple carriers and alliances) as should CDG (AF flight). These timings are good because you're likely to be able to claim your hotel room immediately upon arrival versus arriving at 6 am for a 3 pm check in time.

For international departures, it's feasible to check the schedules by hand, especially if you prefer a particular carrier or alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.