Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Delhi International - International Connection (separate bookings)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Hey everyone,

Initially we were planning to fly to Delhi, spend a few days in India, and fly back home but our Indian visas had some problems. What I'm wondering is this: if I book a new flight into Delhi (from Nepal, likely), would I be able to get my baggage and catch the flight the I already have booked to the UK without going through customs?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no you won't be able to without a visa....you could always ask the staff to help get your bags to check on further for your next flight but its not something i would personally try....
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Okay, thanks for the info. I thought it might be easier, as covered in this thread about the Mumbai airport: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...l-transit.html

Anyone else have any insight?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well, you need to ask the airline that is taking you to India to check the luggage thru to Nepal. In such case you can just transit India and don't need a visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.