Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

1 Week from Delhi to Mumbai, is a safari possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

We arrive 7pm on 12/28 and leave out of Mumbai on 1/4. Is it reasonable to see the Taj Mahal and have a Safari? What would that Itenerary look like?

Also, do we really need to spend much time in New Delhi? Would it be crazy to hire a drive to take us direct from the Delhi airport to Agra?

I'm having a lot of trouble finding nature reserves that are easy to get to. It seems like they will generally require multiple trains and 4+ hour car rides.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LRobs
We arrive 7pm on 12/28 and leave out of Mumbai on 1/4. Is it reasonable to see the Taj Mahal and have a Safari? What would that Itenerary look like?
what kind of a safari are you looking for????

Also, do we really need to spend much time in New Delhi? Would it be crazy to hire a drive to take us direct from the Delhi airport to Agra?
a lot of people drive straight to agra from the delhi airport....its not a bad idea....however, i would recommend a couple of days in delhi as well....

I'm having a lot of trouble finding nature reserves that are easy to get to. It seems like they will generally require multiple trains and 4+ hour car rides.
the only one that is easy to get to is the sariska national park....it will be a 4-5 hour drive from delhi....
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:34 am

Ranthambore National Park is better than Sariska for Tiger Sighting. If you plan to come down to Jaipur then Ranthambore is approximate 4 hours by Road.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:15 am
Original Poster

We're hoping to see tigers though I know that it's never guaranteed!

Is it possible to hire a driver to take one from Jaipur to Ranthambore? Renting a car and driving in India is pretty intimidating so we plan on only being passengers.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
Hire a car and driver from Delhi itself. You can spend a day or 2 in Delhi, 1 night in Agra and a couple of nights in Ranthambore. The car can take you to Jaipur from where you can fly to Mumbai. As you can see the itinerary is a bit tight. If you want to spend more time in the North, then you should try and take a flight back home from Delhi, instead of Mumbai.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.