Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling into India from Pakistan

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb Travelling into India from Pakistan

Friends:

Looking for some sincere & candid advice. I am a Pakistani national holding a Police Reporting Indian Visa with port of entry as Attari/Delhi/Mumbai. I plan to travel to Mumbai but want to experience crossing the border on foot via Wagha/Attari border then driving into Amritsar and taking a flight to Mumbai from there. In order to do this expedition, I have few queries, which I hope could be answered by the experts in these forums:
  1. Can I do this cross-over as highlighted above on foot and then driving to Amritsar and taking a flight onwards?
  2. Will I have to return in the same fashion and cross over from Attari/Wagha or can I exit from Mumbai directly?
  3. Since I have a police reporting visa and Amritsar is not the city mentioned on my visa - will that be an issue? Though I have a Delhi as a city mentioned on my visa - if I can't fly from Amritsar can I do that from Delhi instead?
Would appreciate if I could be answered in detail for my clarity.

Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If your visa has Atari/Wagah listed as point of entry you should have no issues to enter there. You have to report to the FRRO at the place you intend to stay within 24h, so you need to get to Mumbai(?) within that time frame.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks oliver2002 - so if i enter from atari/wagah as port on entry - can i exit from Mumbai as that will be my final destination and I will be submitting my police report there or will I have to exit from Atari/Wagah only
Old Dec 3, 2014, 6:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That I'm not 100% sure about. Usually the temporary residence permit can be surrendered at any port of departure. I would contact the Indian HC which issued your visa for clarification or alternatively contact the FRRO Mumbai (contact details here: http://www.immigrationindia.nic.in/c...ct-us-0?page=3) who will be responsible for the officers working the desk in BOM. Just say you are planning to enter in Wagah, go to Amritsar, fly to BOM, report in FRRO Mumbai and depart from BOM. Ask them if this is OK.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: CX SL, SQ SL
Is the Wagah border even open anymore, after that massive terrorist bombing on the Pakistani side mere weeks ago ? I wouldn't be surprised if our end simply shut it for a while to keep the trouble out.

For Pakistani nationals, not only may the rules be unclear, but in general, if it's not clearly stated as ok, it probably is a no. Just a matter of maintaining our own security, considering the violence over there.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

The border is certainly open at both ends as I have seen people crossing over post that tragic incident. Pakistan's Hockey team crossed over two days back for taking part in the Champion's Trophy being held at Orisa via Wagah/Atari border.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ACELYNX
The border is certainly open at both ends as I have seen people crossing over post that tragic incident. Pakistan's Hockey team crossed over two days back for taking part in the Champion's Trophy being held at Orisa via Wagah/Atari border.
that's correct....a family member of mine crossed the border to go to pakistan last week....

on another note, the entire pakistan hockey team was on the same flight as me from del-bbi earlier this week on tuesday....
Old Dec 11, 2014, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Can one (an international traveller) get a pre-paid SIM card from the Mumbai's domestic airport? If yes where and how much time does it take to get functional both for call and data services? Plus which provider is better/best in Mumbai?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.