Search

Airside T1-T3 transfer at DEL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Airside T1-T3 transfer at DEL

Hi guys-
Is it possible to do an airside T1-T3 transfer at DEL? I'd be flying from Amritsar on Spicejet and to Colombo on SriLankan.

What is the fastest you have ever done this transfer, and what is a more normal time? I'd be willing to pay to get the front row on Spicejet, taxi between terminals, zero checked bags, online checkin for UL, and of course I'm OWEmerald.

I'm thinking about attempting a 75 minute connection - and before you call me completely insane, I have booked and successfully executed a 50 minute I->D connection from JAL to AA at LAX.

I'm not looking for a 100% probability of success - I understand that it is quite likely that something could go wrong - but I'm looking to see if it's even within the universe of possibility.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
75 minute connection is not possible....
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No chance, T1 is at the other end of the airfield. Also there is no airside facility, you board the transfer bus after arriving at the luggage belt and get dumped at the landside of T3, where you have to make your way thru security and immigration.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
As was already said....these terminals are basically like 2 different airports. Jet and Air India (if you can take them from Amritsar) would drop you at T3 and that would save you a world of hurt right there. T1 is for Spice, IndiGo, and other discount outfits. Therefore, you're going to need to have:

1. Great luck on the on-time arrival from the Punjab and a late departure to Colombo

2. A TAXI (4 wheeler not 3 wheeler!!)....not the terminal bus...to get to T3

3. Status (you have that already) to get through T3 security in the shortest line

4. No checked bags at either point.

5. You'll need to have a pooja for the god of transportation in Amritsar. I would estimate your taxi ride to T3 at 20 minutes.

SpiceJet runs a pretty good show but 30 min late departure in India is fairly common.

Last edited by DiegoSan; Oct 19, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.