Wiki Posts
Search

Kolkata or elsewhere

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Question Kolkata or elsewhere

Dear all,

I have the opportunity to spend 6 days in Kolkata in the winter and wonder if it is recommended to focus on that area or take a brief two day trip to Kathmandu? I see it is only an hour flight. I am most interested in simply taking in what I can in this region of the world.

Many thanks,
Zalmi
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
I would recommend it. Two days in Kolkatta is more than enough. Maybe go around the see the country side.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
6 days in kolkata are a lot....i would definitely recommend venturing out as much as possible....
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
6 days in kolkata are a lot....i would definitely recommend venturing out as much as possible....
Thanks. Do you think a couple day trip to Kathmandu is a good excursion (I have not been to this area), or do you suggest another area based on your knowledge of the region? It seems like an easy, inexpensive flight from CCU.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:10 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
It's an interesting city, but yes, 6 days is excessive.

A trip to the Sunderbans is well worthwhile (nothing quite like seeing a tiger in the wild - although you do have to rely on a certain amount of luck to do so).
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Kolkata or elsewhere

There are a lot of quick get always from Kolkata are Puri a beach, ( personally the best waves in India), places in North Bengal and Sikkim ( I prefer Gangtok over Datjeliing and Kalimpong). I believe there are flights from Bagdogra to Karhmandu also. All these places have great resorts also. Kolkata is like most metro cities ( not really the traffic is much worse), I believe 2 to 3 days is more than enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.