Search

Possibility of misconnect on AI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Possibility of misconnect on AI

Have a upcoming travel - BOM-DEL-MEL.
Given the runway closure at BOM, I'm in talks with AI for rescheduling of BOM to DEL segment. With the current booking I have a 2 connection at DEL. In case that doesn't work out, and there's a misconnect, what options do I have ?

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
What class are you travelling? Paid travel or award booking?

If both flights are on AI, then the onus is on them to provide you alternate accommodation if first flight is delayed. Though to get it out of them on your terms will be a hassle I imagine.
AI would likely offer you a ticket for the same flight next day as a first resort. Its up to you to come up with alternate options (preferably Star Alliance) and pester them to book you on other carriers instead.

Here's a thread showing endorsement possibilities.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:00 am
Original Poster

I'm in problem then!
It's an award ticket on economy, all on AI. The next flight is only on Sunday.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Arrive in BOM early (so the checkin for the earlier flight is still comfortably open), explain the issue and ask if they can put you on the earlier flight. The AI staff at the airport usually are very flexible.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by paag
Have a upcoming travel - BOM-DEL-MEL.
Given the runway closure at BOM, I'm in talks with AI for rescheduling of BOM to DEL segment. With the current booking I have a 2 connection at DEL. In case that doesn't work out, and there's a misconnect, what options do I have ?

Thanks!
press them to reschedule....they should be able to do it....i recently got them to reschedule a bom-del ticket in fog season for my sister as she had a connecting flight to sin a couple of hours after landing in del....
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Arrive in BOM early (so the checkin for the earlier flight is still comfortably open), explain the issue and ask if they can put you on the earlier flight. The AI staff at the airport usually are very flexible.
in my experience they are not when it comes to award tickets....if its a paid ticket then they are happy to reschedule....
Old Feb 12, 2017, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

They did reschedule the award ticket for the earliest flight out of BOM without any issues or charges. Pleasantly surprised!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paag
They did reschedule the award ticket for the earliest flight out of BOM without any issues or charges. Pleasantly surprised!
great....glad it all worked out....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.