Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways Fare Choices is really Unfair Choices....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Be really careful of Jet Airways new Fare Choices which I feel is truly Unfair...! They're sticking it especially to their Platinum flyers!

Their W & O class bookings have literally stripped all Plats from their benefits - lot lesser miles, no lounge access! (yes that's right - Jet Airways becomes the first airline in the world to deny lounge access to their most loyal Platinum customers!!!), cancellation fee will no longer be waived - and much much more (of unfair denials) built into their new Un"Fare Choices" program!

So, Jet JP Plats, read the fine print before you book, and better still check out Vistara!

JP Plats - What else has Jet taken away from you all? Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by AJLondon; Aug 24, 2016 at 10:56 am Reason: Mod action: Removed large font
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rkrishna
Be really careful of Jet Airways new Fare Choices which I feel is truly Unfair...! They're sticking it especially to their Platinum flyers!

Their W & O class bookings have literally stripped all Plats from their benefits - lot lesser miles, no lounge access! (yes that's right - Jet Airways becomes the first airline in the world to deny lounge access to their most loyal Platinum customers!!!), cancellation fee will no longer be waived - and much much more (of unfair denials) built into their new Un"Fare Choices" program!

So, Jet JP Plats, read the fine print before you book, and better still check out Vistara!

JP Plats - What else has Jet taken away from you all? Thoughts anyone?
its no surprise....jet has been nickel and diming for a long time & its one of the main reasons why i stopped flying them....

they have introduced a number of 'enhanced' benefits that are only 'enhancing' their pockets....among the latest is yet again another convenience fee for redeeming jp miles....i'm glad i don't use this airline anymore....
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Last year (2015-16), I cut down on my 9W travel to just enough flights to retain my plat status. Not sure I will make that effort this year. The rest of my business went elsewhere.

I take approx 50-60 domestic flights and 30 international (mostly J) flights a year. There are lots of good options out there; I don't consider it prudent to pay a premium for a substandard product with diminishing/negligible FF value anymore. Infact I am in a hurry to redeem my approx 1.5mil 9W pesos as their value keeps shrinking to worthless levels.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Jet Airways has a pattern of making 'enhancements' as per market health. If they need to compete they will add some positive changes, otherwise devalue the program repeatedly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.