Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Delhi Airport MCT and Interlining Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Hi folks,

I am looking to travel from IXL to DXB, via DEL with Jet Airways (9W) and Emirates (EK). I have a few questions that I hope some Indian experts can help me with!

I hope to travel on 9W2369, arriving at 09:10, and connect onto EK511 at 11:00.

1 - Does this meet the DEL MCT? I believe both flights are at T3.
2 - Would this be feasible if I had to collect my bags at DEL and re-check?
3 - Are there any other 'gotchas' that I need to be aware of?

It looks like the 2369 is consistently 15-20 minutes early.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old Jul 10, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AlbaGuBrath

I hope to travel on 9W2369, arriving at 09:10, and connect onto EK511 at 11:00.

1 - Does this meet the DEL MCT? I believe both flights are at T3.
2 - Would this be feasible if I had to collect my bags at DEL and re-check?
3 - Are there any other 'gotchas' that I need to be aware of?
Are the flights on two different tickets or is it one single ticket?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by deovrat
Are the flights on two different tickets or is it one single ticket?
Hi,

Sorry I thought I had mentioned this - it would be on two different tickets. Risky, I know!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Hi,

Sorry I thought I had mentioned this - it would be on two different tickets. Risky, I know!
MCT at DEL for T3-T3 transfers is 75 minutes, but it doesn't matter in your case as you are on separate tickets.
You can book a 15 min connection on 2 different tickets and you won't be stopped from doing so because of MCT, and consequently the airlines have zero liability.

In your case, it looks like a doable connection as long as your first flight lands on time. If you have checked bags, it will hamper your chances. I recommend cabin luggage as far as possible.

If you have to check in bags, ask/coerce/beg the 9W check-in agents to interline them on to EK (which is way easier said than done); but that'll be your best shot at making the connection.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hi,

its risky & i would advice against it....your international flight counter will close an hour prior to the flight so if your incoming flight is delayed or it takes time for your luggage to arrive then you will miss your connection....
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
I believe there is one more earlier goair flight. It is about an hour early from 9w I would take that for piece of mind even though it would involve terminal change, I think that is a safer bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.