Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Middle name on tickets and passport mis-matched.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:03 am
Original Poster

I booked tickets to India from London where my wife's First name and Surname is correct, and middle name is correct as well but forget to mention the part of middle name. Just show you by giving an example below.

Name in Ticket: Roshni Raj Shah

Name in Passport: Roshni Rajkumar Shah

Wondering whether this will be a problem at all? Would appreciate insights from anyone who has had a similar experience. Please advice, as I have booked ticket to travel this weekend from JetAirways.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No problem at all, the checkin agent will add the missing info when adding the APIS info.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you can always call jet & have them put a note in the booking....but you shouldn't have any problems when checking in....
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks Both. I hope there shouldn't be an issue while checking-in.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:34 am

Better to call the airline and get it fixed. I don't know about Jet but few other airlines like Lufthansa are extremely strict about names matching exactly as in the passport. I had a similar problem where my Expedia profile had a missing middle name, which got used when I booked a LH ticket. I had to call Expedia, who checked with LH & they had to reissue a new ticket with the middle name. Since I had booked travel via Expedia and it was within the 24 hr free cancellation window, they were able to cancel and reissue a new ticket. Otherwise a "change ticket" charge along with the fare difference will apply.

Since the travel is from London, it will also depend on whether London security will allow or not.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Missing middle name in the pnr is absolutely no issue with any airline. The only thing that needs to be 100% correct and matching your travel documents are the DOCA/DOCS/DOCO entries aka APIS. Even if you call Jet today after the tickets were issued, all they will update are the above SSR entries.

I usually never use my middle name to book tickets on LH, but the APIS always has the middle name as listed in the passport: never been an issue to India, UK and US (who all require a DOCA/DOCS SSR in the PNR).
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:34 am

I agree with oliver2002. I never use my middle name on the ticket and haven't faced any problems so far.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Redhat72
but few other airlines like Lufthansa are extremely strict about names matching exactly as in the passport.
?? This is not my experience. I never use my middle name (which is clearly stated in my passport) for any flight tickets, and it has never been an issue with LH or any other carrier.

Of course, if you call Expedia or other travel agent, nobody will tell you that missing a middle name or wrong spelling is fine/irrelevant as Exp/the travel agent is not prepared to assume liability if the name issue turns out to be problem
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:37 pm

Similar problem

I booked a flight with Luftansa using my first and last name but my middle name is on my passport, will this cause a problem or should I ring them and ask them to change it? Or do they ask for your passport details at any point and could I enter the name on my passport then?

Last edited by oconails; Jul 8, 2017 at 1:38 pm Reason: *Booked with Luftansa
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:26 am

See above, no problem at all. At checkin (online or at the airport) they will copy details from your passport and visa for the authorities and you will be fine.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:28 am

Question - booked on an Emirates award flight. The ticket has my wifes first, middle, and last name, with the first and middle name combined in the weird way that EK does. However, my wife's passport only lists her first and last name. I don't think this is an issue, but wanted to see if anyone had experienced this. Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Question - booked on an Emirates award flight. The ticket has my wifes first, middle, and last name, with the first and middle name combined in the weird way that EK does. However, my wife's passport only lists her first and last name. I don't think this is an issue, but wanted to see if anyone had experienced this. Thanks.
Should not be a problem with EK and rarely is a problem with airport security. But since this is an international travel - why take a chance... call EK and ask them to make the correction.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Should not be a problem with EK and rarely is a problem with airport security. But since this is an international travel - why take a chance... call EK and ask them to make the correction.
Agree, but this is an award ticket issued by JAL. I would call and get them to reissue, but I've found dealing with their phone agents to be incredibly difficult. No one has yet said it will be an issue, it may just be a small risk I'll have to run.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:49 am

Don't worry, no one gives a rats behind.
Old May 30, 2018, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by SRaj
I booked tickets to India from London where my wife's First name and Surname is correct, and middle name is correct as well but forget to mention the part of middle name. Just show you by giving an example below.

Name in Ticket: Roshni Raj Shah

Name in Passport: Roshni Rajkumar Shah

Wondering whether this will be a problem at all? Would appreciate insights from anyone who has had a similar experience. Please advice, as I have booked ticket to travel this weekend from JetAirways.
what was your expererience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.