Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

best seats for couple jet business bom-hkg

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP

travelling with spouse on jet premier Boeing 777 bom to hkg dep Monday morning. which seats would be better. ..2 middle or window and middle. I know its an overnight flight but still would be awake mostly. ..so looking for seats to be able to talk with partner...thanks for suggestions. ..
Old Nov 18, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Check the seat map to see how full the plane looks, if it's relatively open I'd definitely always recommend window + aisle if it's 3-3-3/3-4-3. Chances of the middle seat being taken are slim unless the flight is full, then you get 3 seats. worst case you offer to switch if someone is sitting there, which they surely will as no one wants to be stuck in the middle.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:49 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
those seats are designed for privacy so even if you sit across the aisle from each other, you are talking loudly over the aisle.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
whoops,...sorry didn't notice you were talking about business...disregard my comment. go for 2 middle if you want to chat
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:53 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
OP, essentially, no seats work for you if you want to chat in this situation. 4 rows all aisle access so no seats face each other in this situation. this is the herringbone design, so each seat will be private wherever you would choose to sit.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
thanks for the replies. ..i guess we will just try to sleep....been on reverse herringbone before...but not on herringbone.....i guess they are too private too...thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
OP, essentially, no seats work for you if you want to chat in this situation. 4 rows all aisle access so no seats face each other in this situation. this is the herringbone design, so each seat will be private wherever you would choose to sit.
that's what sucks about the herringbone seats....terrible for couples traveling together....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.