Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways Baggage Allowance with Etihad Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I am thinking of booking a domestic flight in India with Jet in economy. The usual baggage allowance is 15KG. I have Etihad Gold status.

I called up Jet Airways but they seemed of little help and didn't know the answer.

1. Question one - can I get an increased free baggage allowance with my Etihad status.
2. If so will other people on my booking also be offered this extra allowance or just me.

Thank you
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...e/jet-airways/

1 Yes
2 Only the member will get allowance
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by romania2007
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...e/jet-airways/

1 Yes
2 Only the member will get allowance
Thank you for the information

I called up Jet Priviledge and they said that I would not get any extra baggage allowance which contradicts what is said on the Etihad website.

Thanks for the info though - maybe the agent was wrong
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've managed to get extra baggage allowance due to my etihad status....its not unusual to come across a misinformed jet agent....
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:26 am

Maybe take along a printout of the Jet Airways site page that lists the benefits EY members are entitled to - http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetE...-benefits.aspx
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by L_D_M
Maybe take along a printout of the Jet Airways site page that lists the benefits EY members are entitled to - http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetE...-benefits.aspx
Good idea, thanks for the link
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
I have not tried additional bag limit, but they sure tag your checked luggage as Priority if you show them the Etihad membership card.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I am having the same issue with Jet and my Alitalia gold card.

http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...t-airways.html

Alitalia website clearly states extra 15kgs for 'Freccia Alata' status which I have, but 9W call centre have no information about this. Will I be okay to just turn up at the check in desk with my 30kgs? And does it have to be 1 X 30kgs or can it be 2 X 15kgs?

Also what about all the other benefits like lounge and priority check in and boarding - do 9W recognise these? They have been an Etihad Airways partner for long enough now, it should not be new information to them.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
let us know how it goes...i also have a booking on jet in Nov. ..have Alitalia gold and air berlin gold...both say extra baggage on jet flight...but nobody from jet can confirm. ..

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I am having the same issue with Jet and my Alitalia gold card.

http://www.alitalia.com/gb_en/millem...t-airways.html

Alitalia website clearly states extra 15kgs for 'Freccia Alata' status which I have, but 9W call centre have no information about this. Will I be okay to just turn up at the check in desk with my 30kgs? And does it have to be 1 X 30kgs or can it be 2 X 15kgs?

Also what about all the other benefits like lounge and priority check in and boarding - do 9W recognise these? They have been an Etihad Airways partner for long enough now, it should not be new information to them.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Originally Posted by sunnyzip
let us know how it goes...i also have a booking on jet in Nov. ..have Alitalia gold and air berlin gold...both say extra baggage on jet flight...but nobody from jet can confirm. ..
I had emailed Air Berlin regarding extra baggage allowance for Gold members flying on Jet airways...got reply after 2 months confirming the extra baggage allowance...however Jet airways still says no......
Does anyone have any personal experience with this...??
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sunnyzip
I had emailed Air Berlin regarding extra baggage allowance for Gold members flying on Jet airways...got reply after 2 months confirming the extra baggage allowance...however Jet airways still says no......
Does anyone have any personal experience with this...??
I will update after 26 Oct. I need the extra baggage as my international flight gets 30kg but my domestic is only 15kgs so I need the extra 15kgs. It is annoying that they are all "Etihad Airways Partners" but don't seem to be applying the benefits consistently.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold

I flew Milan-London last month and Alitalia refused to acknowledge my Jet Platinum status. Didn't get extra baggage or lounge access.

Etihad really needs to get its act together.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by Anish
I flew Milan-London last month and Alitalia refused to acknowledge my Jet Platinum status. Didn't get extra baggage or lounge access.

Etihad really needs to get its act together.
I have flown MAA-AUH on Etihad and AUH to FCO on Alitalia last month and both acknowledged my Jet Gold status.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 7:11 pm

I will update after 26 Oct. I need the extra baggage as my international flight gets 30kg but my domestic is only 15kgs so I need the extra 15kgs. It is annoying that they are all "Etihad Airways Partners" but don't seem to be applying the benefits consistently.
Hi....can you let us know regarding the extra baggage allowance on your trip...did u get extra 15 kgs?....i have a flight coming up in 3 days....thanks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.