Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI to Australia

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

AI to Australia

AI daily service to SYD and MEL involved alternating DEL-SYD-MEL-DEL and DEL-MEL-SYD-DEL routings.
This month AI has revised the service to alternating days DEL-SYD-DEL and DEL-MEL-DEL, ie dropping out the domestic leg.
I am booked LHR-DEL-MEL and later SYD-DEL-LHR later this year. I read about the change in Australian Business Traveller and had received no email advice of any changes affecting my reservation, but thought I should check my on-line booking. My departure from SYD has been moved forward by one day but my onward booking DEL-LHR had not been joined up and as it stood was departing one day before my SYD-DEL flight arrived.
It took two phone calls to AI in India (via a local UK number) to get it sorted. The confirmation email after the first call had not resolved the problem but the second call seems to have got it right. I hope so anyway.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by gbs1112
received no email advice of any changes affecting my reservation.
when is your flight????ai always informs about changes in reservation but they usually do so closer to the flight date....
Old May 14, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

AI to Australia

Travelling early December. I think that a 24hour schedule change is important as it could, might or does affect all sorts of personal planning and cant think why AI would delay informing affected passemgers right away. They have contact data and it has to be done at some time anyway.
Old May 15, 2015, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by gbs1112
Travelling early December. I think that a 24hour schedule change is important as it could, might or does affect all sorts of personal planning and cant think why AI would delay informing affected passemgers right away. They have contact data and it has to be done at some time anyway.
i agree....this is one area where i have a problem with ai....they don't inform right away....
Old May 15, 2015, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
..and by announcing it to the press, which is how you found out, AI allowed those nervous flyers who want everything sorted immediately to contact the airline to get things changed, before AI got around to contacting the people travelling 7 months hence, when they instead need to focus on those people travelling sooner and, therefore, having a more pressing need to be informed.
Old May 15, 2015, 2:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AI is pretty adamant about requiring contact details in each reservation, and on top of that requires their own format. If you don't add it, it keeps adding 'PLS ADD PAX CTC' in the remarks.

That said even though my booking had everything they never bothered to call when I had irrops. Being booked on AI and burned before, I always kept an eye on matters and was proactive. I must say when you contact them about such irreg situations they are quite flexible and rebook you onto the alternative you suggest.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Just flew J class DEL MEL in 787. Attentive crew, a bit inconsistent in service.
For some reason, they woke us up 4 hours out of MEL to serve breakfast - surely they could have waited until 2hrs out (which was they served breakfast in Y).

Also no fast track arrival vouchers.

I would use AI again on this route

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.