Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9W interline baggage to SQ

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
9W interline baggage to SQ

Traveling to manila from BOM via SIN. 9W agent says I won't be able to through check-in my bag, so will have to collect it in SIN and check-in again which means I will need a SIN visa for transit.

9W agents also state no through check-in available on PR, but I have been able to do it multiple times in past. Had anyone tried interlining bags from 9W to SQ? Thanks!

On another note, any experiences about getting Visa on Arrival in SIN? I have heard immigration officers may issue it selectively. My transit time is just 1 hour.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tirajat
Traveling to manila from BOM via SIN. 9W agent says I won't be able to through check-in my bag, so will have to collect it in SIN and check-in again which means I will need a SIN visa for transit.

9W agents also state no through check-in available on PR, but I have been able to do it multiple times in past. Had anyone tried interlining bags from 9W to SQ? Thanks!

On another note, any experiences about getting Visa on Arrival in SIN? I have heard immigration officers may issue it selectively. My transit time is just 1 hour.
Is this on a single PNR?

If not, Jet may not even let you check-in without a visa to sg.
Old May 4, 2015, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
one hour won't be enough for you to clear immigration, get your bags & check it again for your onward flight....

if its on one pnr then jet should check your bags in till your final destination....it not then they won't do it....
Old May 6, 2015, 11:01 am

Unless I'm totally missing something, I have to say, this is one of the more bizarre posts I've seen around here. OP does not even provide any details of the way the connection is booked, which is what will determine the responses to his queries. Obviously as Keyser says, how can OP even think of getting out of immigration in SIN to get his bag in 1 hour, let alone rechecking it with the other carrier, going back through immigration and security and all the way to the gate for boarding? It seems like OP flies a lot, so isn't there the realization that check-in generally closes 1 hour before departure?

If the connection is on the same ticket, how can Jet not check the bag through to MNL? If the connection is not on the same ticket and Jet does not interline in SIN with the 2nd carrier, then it is an invalid connection if the next flight leaves within an hour of the first's arrival.

Has the OP checked Timatic (results for Indian national below which also specifically note the situation of pax holding two separate tickets)? What's this business about "selectively" issuing Visa on Arrival in SIN? Either you need a visa or you don't need one. None of this adds up.

National India (IN) /Embarkation India (IN)
Transit Singapore (SG) /Destination Philippines (PH)
ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Singapore (SG)

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):
Visa required, except for Holders of onward tickets in transit

For details, click here.
Visa required, except for Nationals of India who can also
transit, for up to 96 hours without a visa under the Visa Free
Transit Facility (VFTF) on either the outbound or return leg
of the same journey (but not on both). Leaving the transit
area is allowed.

- ***Warning*** Holders of a valid single entry visa (or
multiple entry visa valid for at least one month) issued by

Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand,
Switzerland, USA or United Kingdom to nationals of India
may use the VFTF mentioned above. After using a single
entry visa and the VFTF was not used on the outbound leg of
the journey, the VFTF can only be used on the return leg
with a direct transit through Singapore from the country
that issued the visa to the country of residence (e.g.,
SYD-SIN-PEK).
- Transit passengers holding two separate tickets can transit
without a visa, except when... arriving/departing on a budget
carrier. Budget carriers are: Air Asia (AK), Indonesia
AirAsia (QZ), Thai AirAsia (FD), Air India Express (IX),
Cebu Pacific Air (5J), Firefly (FY), Jetstar (JQ), Jetstar
Asia (3K), Jetstar Pacific (BL), Lion Air (JT), Scoot (TZ),
Spring Airlines (9C), Tigerair (TR) and VietJet Air (VJ).

Additional Information:
- Hotel accommodation is available within the transit area of
Singapore Airport (SIN).

Timaticweb Version 1.3
All rights reserved. Information sourced and provided by IATA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.