Wiki Posts
Search

AI Membership Kit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
AI Membership Kit

I was upgraded to AI Silver in Jan but have not yet received the kit yet.

AirBerlin is running a status match [http://euflyer.boardingarea.com/2015...nus-oneworld/]. Without the card this seems impossible.

Any thoughts ?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
ai is terrible with kits....it's been almost a year & i still don't have mine....

if you write to them then they will send you a letter stating your ai status....
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
I was upgraded to Gold Oct last year and no kit in sight.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
I joined AI-FR back in 2010, under IC- with an Alpha-Numeric FFP #. I have never received my card.
But that's because I don't know any politicians or anybody at the management level in AI.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Seems I had double luck last year. Received a kit after status match and then another one after *A happened. Got 4 vouchers as a result
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:31 am

Received my *G kit today, 4 baggage tags , 1 membership card and a letter with a line of apology (with reason) for the delay.

Impressed!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Proposed changes in AI Flying returns

Received my kit also yesterday evening. The standard 2 vouchers, 4 tags etc. interestingly the enclosed letter mentions a few upcoming changes in the program.
1. Enrollment of kids from the age of 2 to 12 years
2. minimum of 500 miles for traveling short sectors
3. Family pooling - I think with children
4. Travel points for tier upgrades

The letter mentions that I need 120 travel points or 75000 miles in the next year for tier upgrade to the maharaja club. No mention of how the tier points are calculated though.

Seems a lot of changes is planned but not sure by when they will start implementing.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:17 am

Got mine yesterday too, with the same content. Guess they have finally started sending the kits.

Reason for the delay mentioned is, they were nto sure if they wanted to send these kits or the ones with QR codes (which they might next year) as they mentioned.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Got mine yesterday too, with the same content. Guess they have finally started sending the kits.

Reason for the delay mentioned is, they were nto sure if they wanted to send these kits or the ones with QR codes (which they might next year) as they mentioned.
Did these have upgrade vouchers?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by kanwkwal1
yes, 2 of them,
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by kanwkwal1
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
yes, 2 of them,
Are those same as the Domestic ones, that came along with the AI-SBI Visa Signature card or are these valid for International flights as well..?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Are those same as the Domestic ones, that came along with the AI-SBI Visa Signature card or are these valid for International flights as well..?
Valid only for domestic flights. I do not think Air India gives voucher valid for international upgrades.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:25 am

No they can not be used for international sectors.. cash ups is the only option !
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:31 am

Thanks for the info.

@AI-SBI Visa Signature CC users:
Has anyone got their Tier match request approved recently..? Mine seems to be stuck for a while now.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
@AI-SBI Visa Signature CC users:
Has anyone got their Tier match request approved recently..? Mine seems to be stuck for a while now.
I had applied for tier match in Feb, and got mine approved in roughly 1 month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.