Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Is it better to funnel Jet Air flight points to Skywards, or JP Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott

Jet Air has quite a few partners.

Basically I fly a little overseas, a little domestically - however does it make more sense to channel all the flights I take domestically into JP Miles, or is it better to funnel it into Malaysia Airlines/Emirates/something else - or to keep them in JP Miles.

I ask because unless i'm flying domestically, I don't want to fly Jet Airways overseas as there are far better airlines. However I'm not sure how the points structuring works - anyone care to help?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Can you share what international/domestic routes do you fly, how often, what cabin and what do you want to use your awards for?
This is pertinent because not all FF programs are equal. The differ on things like:
  • Redemption charts some are better, for short haul, others are better for long haul.
  • Ease of attaining/maintaining status
  • Star A or OW
  • YQ on rewards
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
if your preferred airline is a partner then just go with them....you can find the list of partners on the jet website....
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:51 am

If your choices are between JP and Skywards then both of them are equally bad programs. But if you really had to choose, go for the one where you fly more as you will get better service when flying their own metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.