Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Business Class BOM - EWR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Jet Business Class BOM - EWR

What's your feedback on this flight. This will be my first experience on Jet Intl. I usually fly United Business / First on the route, but am curious.

I'm not thrilled about deplaning in BRU, but does the price / service make up for this inconvenience?

TIA
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
9W 227 halts for 02:30 at BRU where they have their own lounge. It's operated by an A330- a mix of A332 & A333.

The 9W A332 has herringbone layout in J, with 1-1-1 configuration. OTOH, the A333 has 2-2-2 config.

Besides UA and 9W, AI flies a B77W non-stop on the route. This could be an option for you, given that AI is now a *A member.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: LH FTL
Even I am curious to know the business class experience on long haul jet airways....have heard earlier they were good and now they are going down fast
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oxymoron
Even I am curious to know the business class experience on long haul jet airways....have heard earlier they were good and now they are going down fast
long haul business class is still ok & they have started to improve (ever so slightly) since etihad got involved....the experience on this route should be fine....nothing to write home about but not bad either....
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:20 am

9W vs QR business class

Hi all

I'm redeeming miles for a yyz-india trip and have the option of QR or 9W in business. Given the general decline in 9W service standards the choice would typically be straightforward (QR).

The challenge however is award availability. 9W is available for the exact dates I need while QR award availability is spotty and has me transiting in doha for 20 hours (and effectively spending a day less in India). Given a choice of inconvenient connections/dates on QR vs the declining service on 9W which would you choose?

Any advice based on recent 9W experiences (especially through brussels) would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
I flew BOM-BRU-BOM in 9W J class last Jan, so it's been some time. I found the graveyard configuration quite uncomfortable. My seat was Aisle in the last row (I think 8) and it was difficult to sleep. Try to take 1A or 1K - those are probably the best seats. Ajay has a posted a good review in past.

Having said that, the service and food was decent and I have no complaints on these fronts.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
If you get the availability as per your dates, QR would be better option, especially if you arent bound for DEL / BOM and plan to continue on a domestic flight.

Besides offering a 1 stop trip to more cities, QR is more consistent than 9W. 9W has A332, A333 & B77W plying the India-BRU-Noth America routes.

Since its a redemption, you may also wish to compare the tax figure for both the options.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:20 am

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. After some persistence, and willingness to do an extra segment on the outbound, I found availability on QR. Only $30 more in taxes but i will need to buy a seperate GOI-BOM ticket as well. So all in about $150 more but flying QR busines on all the international segments so well worth it.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by anthonyd
Thanks for the responses. After some persistence, and willingness to do an extra segment on the outbound, I found availability on QR. Only $30 more in taxes but i will need to buy a seperate GOI-BOM ticket as well. So all in about $150 more but flying QR busines on all the international segments so well worth it.
Make sure that you check if your QR flights have flat beds (180). IIRC, many QR flights still have angled flat beds which I would try to pass.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
US flights are all 77L/77W which have forward facing 2-2-2 flat bed seats (a la old school first class). Not as private, but not having your legs in a coffin, very good on board service, catering and wines and a pretty darn good lounge / transit in Doha now - I would pick QR over 9W any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.