Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air Asia and Tata - coming up at a city near you

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:20 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them

Guess Air Asia is planning a tie up with Tata for providing domestic connectivity..

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/industri...e-otherstories
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Talking

Yup. sounds good..
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...1&sec=business

wonder what Mr Goyal has to say
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
sounds good....i'm a big fan of air asia....
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:03 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
Never travelled them before.. but I am always for more airlines and more healthy competition..
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:14 am

Ouch.

Lala Land must be one unhappy place right now.

All Lalaji's past efforts to scupper the chance of the Tatas entering the airline business could unravel before he can say shendwees.

This time around it;s going to be worse. Instead of partnering with SQ and competing with the lowly Jet Airways as in the past, now they're going right for the crown jewels : JetKonnect !
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
So Tata is going into aviation again? Why don't we just hand over AI over to them?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by UA Fan
So Tata is going into aviation again? Why don't we just hand over AI over to them?
I guess because the babus won't want someone else to turn it around and show how st**** they have been

+1. .. have travelled them multiple times and quite good compared to Ryan Air IMHO..
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:29 am

Do you think anyone would want that rancid sinkhole of a mess even for free?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by jasepl
I would believe yes.."IF" they are giving the authority to take tough decisions which include removing the excess flab and operational freedom ..
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I would believe yes.."IF" they are giving the authority to take tough decisions which include removing the excess flab and operational freedom ..
Way too much baggage and way too much uncertainty, with very little to gain. Things are too far gone for anyone to even attempt a turnaround.

If ridding India of this leech is a goal, then it will be better to shut it down and sell it in parts.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Way too much baggage and way too much uncertainty, with very little to gain. Things are too far gone for anyone to even attempt a turnaround.

If ridding India of this leech is a goal, then it will be better to shut it down and sell it in parts.
i would have to agree....no way tata are going to involve themselves with ai....
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:41 am

i would have to agree....no way tata are going to involve themselves with ai....
Nor anyone else, I would think. Unless it was a matter of buying a few of their planes of hiring some of their employees. That's a clean break.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:40 am
Used to be ' simz '
Original Poster

I think shutting and disintegrating is the solution too.. But I still have that small hope that one fine day they will decide to privatise it and the airlines will turn around..

The problem is that the GOI wants to hold on to one airlines so that they can fly for free.. and that's where all our sorrows begin..
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
They don't want it - one of their Tata directors explained that to me...

Yep, as above.

Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:06 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
if the govt ever decided to do the right thing, they would perhaps be better off paying the creditors directly, and selling off the airline for a nominal amount to private hands, who should be able to get a clean start in terms of finances but get all the other issues of the airline, and put their pro skills at work to turn it around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.