Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways experience

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Jet Airways experience

There was a time when if someone asked me which airline has the best service, I'd say "Jet and it beats the pants off any American or European shorthaul".

I think I flew my last Jet (9W) flight yesterday, it was a litany of “how do I make it difficult for my passenger” moves.

I was on the 7am BLR-DEL 9W flight that was supposed to land DEL at 920am for my connection to a Virgin Atlantic LHR flight dep at 1pm.

When I got to the airport, at 530am they showed a 850am dep landing at 1120am; knowing the inevitable rolling delays I asked to be put on the 630am SpiceJet flight to DEL. They refused saying I will make my connection. I said any more delay and the cnx is in jeopardy, there were also quite a few 9W pax on the flight connecting to a 9W 145pm dep to LHR.

Then 850am became 9 became 915 and then we finally took off at 930. We landed at 1205 and instead of going to the domestic side of T3, they park next to the Virgin and 9W LHR planes (!) at the far end of the international side and bus us over to the domestic side. It was as if they were toying with us. We got to the domestic side at 1225 and ran through passport and security all the way back to the Virgin plane and just made the flight.

Given that flight has a lot of international connectors, it was as if they thought “how do I make it even worse for them and given them more stress?”
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
sounds like your average jet experience....they do seem to try their best to make it difficult for the passengers....
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
9W is dead against endorsments onto another carrier. This is very shabby, especially when a pax needs to make an international connection.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:34 am

Recently faced a similar situation at CDG, it was one of the worst experiences ever.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
No to defend Jet, but I always allow more time for domestic to intl connection, regardless of carriers, even with the risk approaching certainty of getting bored at the airport.

920AM landing = 10AM check in. For a 1pm departure, that's the time you strive to reach airport if living in Delhi, not when you are connecting from BLR. I'd have booked the very first flight of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.