Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways: connecting domestic to int. in BOM...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 3:12 pm
e20
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 1MM, HHonor ex-Gold, IC ex-Plat.
Question Jet Airways: connecting domestic to int. in BOM...

A year ago, it was a real nightmare (huge queues, twice through security checks, ...) to go from domestic flight from Bangalore to the international terminal in Mumbai/BOM. Both flights were with Jet Airways. With a 2-hour lay-over I barely made my connection

There were a lot of building work in early 2013 around those terminals.

Has the situation improved with respect to domestic to internal connections with Jet Airways in Mumbai? Or should I reroute through New Delhi?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
You still need to change terminals. This will be resolved once the domestic wing of the T2 is operational.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:37 pm

Last I did a domestic - international connection at Mumbai was a week back. Again there was a huge queue, the queue had reached the baggage services window at arrivals. We decided to take a cab outside. We were at the checkin counter at T2 in 20 mins (10 pm). And the security checks are sure to happen again so you can not avoid them.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by e20
Has the situation improved with respect to domestic to internal connections with Jet Airways in Mumbai? Or should I reroute through New Delhi?
the situation has improved but you would be much better off transiting through delhi....
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

I do not see any change in the situation where one needs to change terminal. The long wait for the bus, the bus ride to the other terminal, is simply exhausting. Too much pain when you compare to Delhi where it is much better assuming same terminal transfer which should be your case.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:36 pm

Mumbai has improved but not to the level of Delhi as yet.

I guess 6-9 months more till the terminals are integrated.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
If T2 domestic wing even gets operational, Jet should aggressively advertise the smooth transfer operations. At DEL, the transfer is quite smooth (if you are arriving on Jet or AI flights only). For other airlines, it still requires a bus connection.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 6:34 am
e20
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K 1MM, HHonor ex-Gold, IC ex-Plat.
Thanks for all the replies, so, let it be DEL then :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.