Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Redeeming JP Miles on 9W and partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Does anybody know whether JP Miles can be redeemed in a single itinerary (in order to get through check in) where one flight is on 9W international and other flight is a partner airline. Both redemption bookings.

Jet call center agent said this is not possible. But the agent may be wrong.

On the Jet Airways booking website this same itinerary is available for purchase as a revenue ticket till the final destination, the partner airline being a code share.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:47 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
It may not be possible in the same transaction, as the Mileage calculation varies. The miles required for redemption on partners is higher than that on Jet.

However, if the airline is a JP partner, through check-in will still be possible. The issue you are likely to face is with the different baggage allowance.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have managed to do through check-in in such a situation, even though the tickets were purchased separately....it all depends on what the agent can do for you while checking you in....
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

On the Jet Airways website it is stated that both sectors must be on the same ticket for a through check in. I also managed to speak to a supervisor and he also said the same thing.

Feel it will be difficult to get through check in in such circumstance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.