Wiki Posts
Search

Air India International Redemption

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

I was trying to find some international redemption dates to europe on AI. It seems suddenly the total taxes and fees has increased a great extent, this is my first time out so maybe I remember incorrectly but a roundtrip to Paris is now 50k miles + 35k, which seems to be really high. Has there been any change after their *A integration or is the AI FFP going the JP way?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
I was trying to find some international redemption dates to europe on AI. It seems suddenly the total taxes and fees has increased a great extent, this is my first time out so maybe I remember incorrectly but a roundtrip to Paris is now 50k miles + 35k, which seems to be really high. Has there been any change after their *A integration or is the AI FFP going the JP way?
seems about right....i redeemed del-cdg-del last year in business for 100k miles & about 30k in taxes....
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
Quote:

seems about right....i redeemed del-cdg-del last year in business for 100k miles & about 30k in taxes....
Thanks maybe I am so used to domestic ones without YQ that the figure seemed really high for an international economy redemption. :redface:
On a side note while just browsing for London the regular return fare is more than 100k while jet 50k for most dates after 6 months. This needs to be a mistake or is this also somewhat right.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thanks maybe I am so used to domestic ones without YQ that the figure seemed really high for an international economy redemption. :redface:
On a side note while just browsing for London the regular return fare is more than 100k while jet 50k for most dates after 6 months. This needs to be a mistake or is this also somewhat right.
in business or economy????
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

My bad. There is something wrong with skyscanner for a sample date Del LHR 4/2 and 14/2 it shows air India at 99k but the air India website shows 72k also for first week of June it shows jet at 47k. The same with CDG.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:10 am

No benefit of AI miles redemption on Intl routes

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I was directed to this thread through search result I was querying for. I was looking to redeem my Air India FF points for a DEL-DXB flight on 4th Mar 2015

The miles redemption cost 14k miles + INR 8,573.
The ticket price on AI website for same flight is INR 8,835.
(price as of 19 Dec 11:30 PM IST)

I am unable to understand what is the benefit of redeeming my miles for this flight (also the case as I see for other international flights)? Shouldn't I buy the ticket directly if I have to pay the same amount if I redeem miles.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by anshuldce
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I was directed to this thread through search result I was querying for. I was looking to redeem my Air India FF points for a DEL-DXB flight on 4th Mar 2015

The miles redemption cost 14k miles + INR 8,573.
The ticket price on AI website for same flight is INR 8,835.
(price as of 19 Dec 11:30 PM IST)

I am unable to understand what is the benefit of redeeming my miles for this flight (also the case as I see for other international flights)? Shouldn't I buy the ticket directly if I have to pay the same amount if I redeem miles.
It isnt generally worth it to redeem miles on sectors which are otherwise cheap. You should try to redeem them for Europe/US or for Biz.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone else noticed a reduction in the number of reward seats on routes to the us & europe????award availability used to be pretty good with ai but all of a sudden i can't find seats for jfk, ewr, lhr, cdg, etc....while on the same dates there is availability on ai on lifemiles.com....
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone else noticed a reduction in the number of reward seats on routes to the us & europe????award availability used to be pretty good with ai but all of a sudden i can't find seats for jfk, ewr, lhr, cdg, etc....while on the same dates there is availability on ai on lifemiles.com....
I have noticed the same recently.

Also, another question was YQ (fuel surcharges) on star alliance members using Air India miles. Has anyone tried that?
Does Air India charge fuel surcharges if we book United, EVA , Air canada, etc or they do it only on their metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.