Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

BHX Lounge Business Class Air India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Many but loyal to none

I can't find if there is lounge access at BHX despite numerous Google searches. Now they are part of the Star Alliance would I automatically have access to all their lounges? Or is that wishful thinking?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you should have access to the star lounges when flying air india....its still early days but i've been told by a bunch of people that they have been able to use various lounges across the globe since july 11th....
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There is no *A carrier operated lounge in BHX, the *A partners use various contract lounges there:
http://www.staralliance.com/loungeFi...Code=&airline=

AI will most probably issue an invite during checkin to business pax.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: 9W Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
I've definitely been in an Air India lounge at BHX- think its Servisair?

ETA: I lied, its a No 1 Lounge http://www.airindia.in/birmingham.htm
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info guys.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Did you fly recently and was it the Dreamliner Lychees, it's that the makes me want to give them a try.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: 9W Silver, VS Silver, EK Silver
Originally Posted by tafer2uk
Did you fly recently and was it the Dreamliner Lychees, it's that the makes me want to give them a try.
Last flight with them from BHX was in December on the Dreamliner in Business. It is a nice plane (although I think the Air India interior colours make it look a bit dated).

The seats were very comfortable, plenty of room. I liked the lighting systems etc. But the problems with flying Air India remain the same as always (Slow service, limited English language entertainment system, mediocre food) Basically the plane was great but the experience remained 100% Air India.

I've flown it in Economy ex Delhi as well and although I'm not a fan of the food and the service the seats are very roomy and comfortable so its a bit of a trade off for me.

My priority was always maximizing sleep and if I was still based near BHX I would probably continue to fly Air India as it is definitely better for sleeping than the Emirates flights from there. Its nowhere near as good as the Emirates A380 product though. I hear that the service is improving with the *A deal though
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the response lychees, if I book I'm hoping the food has improved as I have read they are going back to individual courses etc..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.