Wiki Posts
Search

Air India / Delhi Arrivals Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver

I am arriving on AI F in Delhi at 2:45 pm from Chicago.

I assume that there is no meet and greet service provided by AI.

How long do you expect it for me to clear customs (Canadian Passport holder)?

I have arranged for my hotel to pick me up at the airport. But I also see that there is a Fast Track Service that meets you at the air bridge and expedites customs and immigration (ndiafasttrack.com). It is not cheap - I think about USD $159, but this is less than in other countries. Is such a service helpful in DEL?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

I believe AI does have meet and greet for F pax. The only time I flew F although not to or from US I was met at the gate by an agent. I do believe you would get a similar service.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by blueline7

I have arranged for my hotel to pick me up at the airport. But I also see that there is a Fast Track Service that meets you at the air bridge and expedites customs and immigration (ndiafasttrack.com). It is not cheap - I think about USD $159, but this is less than in other countries. Is such a service helpful in DEL?
At that time of the night. Walking through customs and immigration should not be too difficult. I will give it a total of 30 mins.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
At that time of the night. Walking through customs and immigration should not be too difficult. I will give it a total of 30 mins.
Many thanks, but I am arriving at 2:45 pm in the afternoon.... Would it be 30 minutes then too?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:30 pm

Many thanks, but I am arriving at 2:45 pm in the afternoon.... Would it be 30 minutes then too?
Ahh.. sorry misread it..

give it 10-15 mins more .. just for the fact that there are people in not so hurry at that time .. many of them have transits. Many of them are reaching in the middle of the day so they are lethargic. If you brisk your way then I will give it 35-40 mins. Also sometimes luggage on the belt can take some time, but yours should be under priority. assuming no issue with customs or immigration 30-40 mins is good.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there is a separate line at immigration for first & business passengers & it never takes me more than 5-7 minutes to get through....

if all goes well then you should be out of the airport in 30 minutes max....i would not bother with the fast track service....
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Indian airports have come leaps and bounds from a decade ago. Whilst I have never travelled into DEL airport, I am confident to state that the whole process should not take more than 45 minutes.....after all, DEL was the show piece airport to show the world how far India has come.

I look forward to your trip report on Air India F. If your previous reports are to go by, it shall no doubt be detailed and I pray that Air India gives you a solid to excellent service during the flight.....so that some of the negative myths about it can be dispelled.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
there is a separate line at immigration for first & business passengers & it never takes me more than 5-7 minutes to get through....

if all goes well then you should be out of the airport in 30 minutes max....i would not bother with the fast track service....
Originally Posted by d3vski
Indian airports have come leaps and bounds from a decade ago. Whilst I have never travelled into DEL airport, I am confident to state that the whole process should not take more than 45 minutes.....after all, DEL was the show piece airport to show the world how far India has come.

I look forward to your trip report on Air India F. If your previous reports are to go by, it shall no doubt be detailed and I pray that Air India gives you a solid to excellent service during the flight.....so that some of the negative myths about it can be dispelled.
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Ahh.. sorry misread it..

give it 10-15 mins more .. just for the fact that there are people in not so hurry at that time .. many of them have transits. Many of them are reaching in the middle of the day so they are lethargic. If you brisk your way then I will give it 35-40 mins. Also sometimes luggage on the belt can take some time, but yours should be under priority. assuming no issue with customs or immigration 30-40 mins is good.
Many thanks for the advice, guys! I will pass on the Fast Track and report back via a trip report in October.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The hotel knows how to wait for your arrival, it takes the general pleb about 30-45 min to get out, AI F should be even faster.

AJ had posted a AI F review recently, but DEL-ORD: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...rst-class.html
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA PLAT

On my last arrival in India (11pm BA Y) I was literally the second person in the que for passport control. The entire process was 5 minutes. They have a huge arrival hall with lots of officers on duty. Keep walking forward as there are many shorter lines further along for "Foreign Passports"....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.