Wiki Posts
Search

AI dreamliner DEL-CDG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
AI dreamliner DEL-CDG

This looks like a 320 from the international terminal of MAA-DEL and then a 787 on the same flight number DEL-CDG, so I assume I clear immigration in DEL.

Anyway this is my first longhaul flight in AI after a couple of years and the last one was a perfectly reasonable DEL-HKG trip on a 777 in decent shape. How comfortable are the AI dreamliners for a 8+ hour trip?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
J class has flat beds and decent washrooms, decent amenity kits and decent booze. (But not the wine it's pretty downmarket) .. when they remember to load stuff properly. Nice if noisy lounge in Delhi. The Food is palatable ex Delhi though served up in a most ugly way. I had an excellent flight recently to PVG on the 787 and the return had glitches but was good enough for me to be flying them to Shanghai again end June ( and if they are good enough again ill try them to --Paris soon after rather than take the EK hopper)

Economy ( according to my wife who uses it often to FRA and LHR) has decent legroom nice seats and the 787 has a fresher feel than other acft. The IFE is good when it works and if you are fine with Indian programming. If u like Indian food then AI food ex India in economy is good -- inbound depends on the caterer, I'm told, so I'd eat at a bistro in Paris and just sleep through on the 7.5 hour inbound leg unless you get other feedback from someone who has tried it.

These 787 aircraft are nice the 777s not so good as they are poorly maintained like everything in India except Taj hotels
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rathin100
If u like Indian food then AI food ex India in economy is good
my recent experiences with ai food has been a mixed bag on their long haul flights....the last time their food was good but 3-4 times before that it was horrible....
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Their domestic food has been tasty but idiosyncratic - the non veg meal on a recent evening flight was a couple of vegetable cutlets and a couple of chicken pieces in thick gravy. No roti or anything else that'd make sense to serve a gravy based dish with ..
Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Tasty (tender, moist) chicken and not bad cutlets, mind you.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Wife says that on outbound in Y, chances of a good meal in economy is 3/4 and on return is 1/4 confirming keysers stats. She advises check the options and if the ( invariable) non veg chicken looks lousy, go veg....

In J I've always found one decent main course. On return from PVG I order nonveg Chinese on return from Australia/Europe the continental non veg. They are normally ok. Outbound always indian. If lucky there is a good prawn dish. If you preorder a seafood meal ( only J and F) you are also normally ok.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:28 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by rathin100
If you preorder a seafood meal ( only J and F) you are also normally ok.
What's in the typical F pre-ordered seafood meal? Cold salmon appetiser? Is the main course a continental or Indian preparation?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
What's in the typical F pre-ordered seafood meal? Cold salmon appetiser? Is the main course a continental or Indian preparation?
I've not flown F on AI for 6 odd years now. Ive only started flying them since moving to delhi a year ago and all my flights have been on 787s which do not have an F cabin. In J I've got a veg appetiser with a seafood main course -- got prawn masala, sole meunière, bekti fillets in an Indian curry ( from memory) and all were good. In F they have a wider choice and serve it from the trolley so you can visually choose your meal. I would imagine there's always a seafood option in F. But note that they no longer serve caviar.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hserus
This looks like a 320 from the international terminal of MAA-DEL and then a 787 on the same flight number DEL-CDG, so I assume I clear immigration in DEL.
No, you go thru immigration in MAA and just change aircraft in DEL.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Ah ok, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.