Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:53 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
the benefits of churning are only 15000 points additional. not worth it in my opinion!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
the benefits of churning are only 15000 points additional. not worth it in my opinion!
You mean to say 15000 points are not worth the trouble of closing it and reapplying for it?
Or is it something else negative? Possible dent in credit score maybe?
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:12 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by deovrat
You mean to say 15000 points are not worth the trouble of closing it and reapplying for it?
Or is it something else negative? Possible dent in credit score maybe?
15000 points are not worth the trouble of going through uncertainty all over again, and also credit rating impact and so on. Had it been 50000 points, I'd have thought again!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
i agree....god knows how long sbi will take to open the account again....i put in a request to change my office address & was informed that a physical verification of the new address would take place in 7 working days....its been over 2 months now & still no verification....
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Keyser
i agree....god knows how long sbi will take to open the account again....i put in a request to change my office address & was informed that a physical verification of the new address would take place in 7 working days....its been over 2 months now & still no verification....
physical verification for address change
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by A2A
Correct, with SBI you are not even sure about the new CC, time taken , Credit limit, Yes/No !
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
Dimwits came to "verify" or re-apply at least 6 times or more - lost count...

Still not using their card until they give me a decent credit limit - or I send it back to them...

Accumulating United miles on my purchases in the meantime...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM

If you have your boarding pass from the recent flight, use it to claim for missing miles after your account is up and running.
Doesn't always happen. I sent almost 20 emails for a flight that did not get recorded last year but none of them was answered. When I called up, the agent told me they are not able to do it and I should visit AI office in person.

My recent flights on Singapore Airlines are also not added yet (been almost 2 months that I flew) and now I don't bother. Just accumulate miles using this card and redeem.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by tirajat
Doesn't always happen. I sent almost 20 emails for a flight that did not get recorded last year but none of them was answered. When I called up, the agent told me they are not able to do it and I should visit AI office in person.

Just accumulate miles using this card and redeem.
I would disagree to this, they have been pretty good with posting missing miles. Many times I do not even have the BPs with me. Just the e-ticket. Also they give you the miles and only then their back end teams will check if you actually flew or not. Not bad at all
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
I would disagree to this, they have been pretty good with posting missing miles. Many times I do not even have the BPs with me. Just the e-ticket. Also they give you the miles and only then their back end teams will check if you actually flew or not. Not bad at all
thats been my experience.. usually they try and credit immediately online when I use the chat facility and if that is not possible for some reason, they have asked to send email to an id and its usually credited within couple of weeks..
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Well, I just posted facts and not my opinion, so you may disagree but that wouldn't change facts. I wrote what I experienced. In fact I also asked on this forum about what can I do to get my missing miles credited and it seemed Keyser also experienced something similar, though his miles were credited after a month or so.

On another note, I fail to understand why AI can't implement simple IT precesses to ensure one can get missing miles credited online rather than emailing tickets and boarding cards.

P.S - In my case, even FR number was printed on boarding card, still they couldn't credit miles.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by tirajat
Well, I just posted facts and not my opinion, so you may disagree but that wouldn't change facts. I wrote what I experienced. In fact I also asked on this forum about what can I do to get my missing miles credited and it seemed Keyser also experienced something similar, though his miles were credited after a month or so.

On another note, I fail to understand why AI can't implement simple IT precesses to ensure one can get missing miles credited online rather than emailing tickets and boarding cards.

P.S - In my case, even FR number was printed on boarding card, still they couldn't credit miles.
this is surprising..

On a side note, I wonder why even in the AI dreamliner's which have tv screens on each seat, they do the manual security briefing etc and not play a video ? Believe this does not even require much technical expertize !!!
Check out the websites of AI or for that matter most govt organizations.. they don't want to spend any decent money on getting the proper stuff done or even if on paper the contract is as per market price, since a big percentage of that has to be passed on by the vendor (as grease), they have no incentive to make it super..
I was once asked by a senior Indian embassy official that whether I could get something done in their systems for free !!! The key part was not developing that solution for them, but keeping that system / front end with updated info.. and no one will do the regular maintenance activity for free even if the initial development is free.. this our senior folks fail to understand and hence you see this plethora of outdated / unusable websites ..

And to think, these are the same people who do an amazing job in Singapore, Dubai etc etc etc...
Old May 19, 2015, 2:18 am

SBI Signature Card Recd ..

So I received the SBI Signature card less in than 1 month since I applied for it online ^
They gave a low credit limit and say that's computed by CIBIL..anyway I intend it to use it for mostly AI transactions so it should be fine..

I also received another mail from AI ffp stating I have a new ffp number with user id and password.. I already have a valid AI FR account and guess this one got triggered by SBI (even though had given them my AI FFP during application)..

Q : Where do I see the ffp number linked to this SBI card account and whom to write to change the same ?

Thanks, A
Old May 19, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I'm going to apply for this card today.. Is the Jet status match to AI Gold still active?
Old May 19, 2015, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Anish
I'm going to apply for this card today.. Is the Jet status match to AI Gold still active?
Yup..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.