Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Flying Returns Extra Baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More FF, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Jet Airways Silver

I have noticed that even a base member of Air India's Flying Return program is entitled to 10Kg of extra baggage.

Does anyone have an experience of this extra baggage?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
base members get the same baggage allowance as a silver member, an extra 10kgs....
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by akshayg1
I have noticed that even a base member of Air India's Flying Return program is entitled to 10Kg of extra baggage.

Does anyone have an experience of this extra baggage?
yup.. hv used this long back.. when air india used to allow 30kgs on domestic leg and another 10 made it 40.. which was great value..
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Yup, going to be useful for me this weekend when I'm forced to be on an AI flight GOI-BOM.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:01 pm

Has anyone availed the extra luggage allowance for flying returns members on air india international flights.

I am getting conflicting information from the airlines - some call centers say you get extra 10kg even if new freq flyer member others say only get extra 10 kg if have travelled before w air india.....

Travelling in September from australia to Delhi... Can anyone help?

Last edited by ashdynamite210; Aug 19, 2013 at 11:15 pm
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by ashdynamite210
Has anyone availed the extra luggage allowance for flying returns members on air india international flights.

I am getting conflicting information from the airlines - some call centers say you get extra 10kg even if new freq flyer member others say only get extra 10 kg if have travelled before w air india.....

Travelling in September from australia to Delhi... Can anyone help?
Welcome to FT ashdynamite
Even a base member will get 10kg extra on sectors with weight concept.. NO extra allowance on peice basis..
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Welcome to FT ashdynamite
Even a base member will get 10kg extra on sectors with weight concept.. NO extra allowance on peice basis..
Yes, but does the base membership only get activated once you have travelled with air india previously. So therefore new members can get the extra luggage allowance, or is that just a furphy made up by the call center person??

Anyone experienced this w air india??
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:06 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by ashdynamite210
Yes, but does the base membership only get activated once you have travelled with air india previously. So therefore new members can get the extra luggage allowance, or is that just a furphy made up by the call center person??

Anyone experienced this w air india??
the guy sitting on the checkin counter does not have access to your past history of flights unless they are all in the same e-ticket. so go for it.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
the guy sitting on the checkin counter does not have access to your past history of flights unless they are all in the same e-ticket. so go for it.

Awesome thanks will give it a shot and report back on how it goes
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:37 am

Hi!
I fly with Air india in September, and I have a Flying Returns card. But I didn't activate it. Does anyone know if I have a chance to benefit 10kg extra allowance? As A2A said they don't check, but I'd like to be sure. I woulld like to know, ashdynamite210, how it went for you.
Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Travelled on AI recently on a domestic flight and availed this good benefit. There is no requirement to activate. Just make sure that your Flying returns membership number is on the reservation.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:11 am

Ok, great! And do you know if we need the card or if the membership number is enough? I've still didn't received my card yet.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
They don't ask for the card. Just print the membership details, if they ask on paper. But the number has to be in the reservation. I never got the card even though I have flown thrice on AI recently.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by herm123
Ok, great! And do you know if we need the card or if the membership number is enough? I've still didn't received my card yet.
Never ever required, unless you are flying partner airlines, then it is still useful.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:55 am

Ok Thank you!
My ticket is being updating so I hope it will be all right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.